How to speed level (what skill)

Playing jugg on hardcore. I did farm an oni-gorishi. All my passives will be +life with a few fire damage nodes hear and there going RF/SR once leveled.

However, I dont have any other leveling items, I'm new to hardcore and have nothing.

Currently level 15ish using spectral throw + volley + added fire but it feels fairly slow

Any recomendations for other better/faster skills to leveling?
Last bumped on Nov 14, 2018, 7:03:30 PM
I suggest using Smite or Frost Blades as both do decent damage and AoE. Spectral Throw is alright at end game but until you have Greater Multiple Projectiles + some damage multipliers it's simply not worth it. For support gems you can use Melee Phys, Ele Focus, Faster Attacks, Multistrike, Additional Accuracy (if needed). Avoid supports like Volley that have a less damage multiplier (until you do enough damage that it no longer matters)

Some other tips - try to get a Tabula ASAP that's probably the #1 boost in damage / clear speed. To get the most out of your time do not kill every single monster just stop for packs and avoid killing Rare / Yellow mobs. Try to aim at keeping yourself 2 levels below the area level for optimal EXP gain. (although for Hardcore you should probably overlevel yourself, these are simply speed running tips)

Make sure you keep on top of your Flasks as those are a big help, Quicksilver is a must of course and an Onslaught flask will help you with your attack speed.

I don't really recommend these for Hardcore but they help early on:

Finally if you can afford them some low level Abyss Jewels:
http://poe.trade/search/asiuseninokura
Last edited by Agent_Wesker on Nov 14, 2018, 4:24:56 PM
I've never used smite.. how is it for bosses? Frostblades is great for clearing.. but bosses in hardcore are scary and frostblades just makes the fight take longer.

Also, idk if you missed me saying I have an oni-g (6l sword) so i dont really need a tabula.

How is flicker for leveling? I see you have it in that tabula..
Last edited by Boxxerz on Nov 14, 2018, 5:56:20 PM
"
Boxxerz wrote:
I've never used smite.. how is it for bosses? Frostblades is great for clearing.. but bosses in hardcore are scary and frostblades just makes the fight take longer.

Also, idk if you missed me saying I have an oni-g (6l sword) so i dont really need a tabula.

There are better options than either of those skills they will just carry you through all of the acts. Consecrated Path seems to be a good option but I haven't used it too much. Tabula is still useful because of the white sockets, no need to waste any chromes if you feel like switching any of your supports. Finally Flicker is great for clearing / bossing but it only works when you have some way to generate Frenzy charges reliably.

Last edited by Agent_Wesker on Nov 14, 2018, 6:09:09 PM
"
Agent_Wesker wrote:
"
Boxxerz wrote:

There are better options than either of those skills they will just carry you through all of the acts. Consecrated Path seems to be a good option but I haven't used it too much. Tabula is still useful because of the white sockets, no need to waste any chromes if you feel like switching any of your supports. Finally Flicker is great for clearing / bossing but it only works when you have some way to generate Frenzy charges reliably.

Yeah, I already have an end game build.. RF/SR.. just trying to lvl up fastest way i can.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info