Mastercrafting re-invented

As i can gather from the announcement, we are moving from a "sure thing grind" to something more RNG based..?
Are there any additional information about this? We have to do "specific delve or incursion rooms" to get specific mastercrafting recipe's.. Well i've been delving for about 2 months, and there are still several rooms i've not seen even once. I've seen 1 boss room. 1.
Im afraid i will be doing master missions to no use at all now 🤔😢
Last bumped on Nov 15, 2018, 7:37:02 AM
"
Tides5 wrote:
As i can gather from the announcement, we are moving from a "sure thing grind" to something more RNG based..?
Are there any additional information about this? We have to do "specific delve or incursion rooms" to get specific mastercrafting recipe's.. Well i've been delving for about 2 months, and there are still several rooms i've not seen even once. I've seen 1 boss room. 1.
Im afraid i will be doing master missions to no use at all now 🤔😢

They might as well add a ton of new delve encounters on the fly. Guess the best master craft options (additional curses, wtf) will require a lot of luck and grinding though.
"
IamLoco wrote:
Guess the best master craft options (additional curses, wtf) will require a lot of luck and grinding though.

Yeah, it's interesting - and scary.

"You want to craft attack speed on gloves, you say? Well, just beat Aul, and you may"
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 14, 2018, 3:36:20 AM
I think the additional Curses is a crafting option for those Veiled items. So while interesting, not that relevant to "traditional" mastercrafting.
"
Phrazz wrote:

"You want to craft attack speed on gloves, you say? Well, just beat Aul, and you may"

Thats just what I fear. I don't even know what Aul looks like. I heard about him through patch notes alone. Offtopic, i hate that delve is so random. I killed Chayula more times in Breach than i've seen ANY delve bosses. Uuurgh
I could also see craft options dropping as some kind of recipe, maybe in high level zones, or as a chance from the syndicate masters.

We shall see
Eh, any crafting mods gated behind incredibly rare conditions are hardly going to be things you can't live without. I don't really see much difference between "I don't have access to this special mod unless this encounter pops up" and, say, "I don't have access to this special mod unless this unique item drops". In both cases, people in trade leagues can buy the items if they're not finding them themselves. In both cases we self-found players will get by without them (and are already used to that).

Not trying to say "more randomness is great" or anything, because it isn't. Just that I don't think randomness in player 'wealth' of various kinds is really a new thing for POE or its players. The game survives there being no "sure thing grind" to get the exact Shaper/Elder mod or Labyrinth enchant you're after, etc. It'll be okay.
Let's just hope when we unlock a new recipe there isn't a screen sized banner that obscures everything you're fighting.

New Recipe Unlocked!
+1 Mana Gained On Kill

Enjoy the death by the 1,000 zombies you can't see that were charging you at 1 mile per day because this banner won't go away.
While you definently are not saying "More rng is good" it kinda feels like you are saying "more rng is not bad" and i disagree.
Delve - in my experience - was plauged by rng. I saw 1 boss in my time in the league. 1 boss. 1 time.
And now crafting recipe's will be contigent on me encountering said bosses. And i used to be able to grind it, slowly but surely. Stuff like Vorici lvl 8, allowing me to alter sockets on a corrupted item.. i wonder if i will be able to do that on day 1 randomly, or never at all. No guarantee. And i sure as hell aint handing over my bis item + fusings/chromes + vaal orbs to some stranger from trade on his word of honor.

I just don't see any way this could possibly be a good thing. More rng = bad timesink.
"
Tides5 wrote:
While you definently are not saying "More rng is good" it kinda feels like you are saying "more rng is not bad"
Nah, I wouldn't use that phrase either. It wasn't really a comment about the design being good or bad (or 'not good' or 'not bad'). More about player reactions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info