Bloody hell GGG! We can't get these kinds of camera angles.

Hey GGG, I understand why you did the PlayStation 4 Release Trailer this way but there is no way to get those beautiful camera angles while playing. Just like tv commercials have "simulated computer images" in the tiny print disclaimer at the bottom so too should you need a "these views are simulated and do not represent actual game play" disclaimer. A gamer that has never seen PoE before watching the PS4 video would get the idea from just the trailer that PoE would have these camera angles and look gorgeous while playing. If the PS4 version looks better than PC (and I have Geforce 1060 AMP! 6 GB video on a 2560 x 1080 screen) then why not this good on PC?

Please no "marketing hype" troll posts. I think GGG advertising is fake play (to go with all the other "fake news" bullshit since 2016).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last bumped on Nov 13, 2018, 7:37:18 AM
marketing hype!
Ps4 outdated.. better angles on the glaxay note 9 get ready to p o e while you p o.. o p!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I agree with this completely, and they've been doing it a while now. Manipulating the camera and setting up scenarios to make the game look a lot more dramatic and staged than it really is. It's false advertising and should have an 'actual gameplay footage may vary' disclaimer or some shit.

This is why I've stopped praising the trailers, despite them being incredibly well made. When a game trailer uses the in-game engine, it's implicitly saying 'this is how the game will look and play'.

Well, the trailers DO use the ingame engine.
Just because the ingame camera angle is fixed doesn´t mean that the engine itself is a true 3D environment.
Why shouldn´t they work with what they have and create an exciting trailer with it?
I bet if they kept the fixed angle, someone would come up and say "Why are your trailers so boring? You need to oearn how to advertise better"
Last edited by IamLoco on Nov 13, 2018, 2:22:43 AM
If you don't mind me playing the Devil's advocate here, this is technically not false advertisement.

The game DOES look the way they show in the trailers, it DOES use skills and MTX that are available to you and merely more dramatically focuses on the lore and story aspect than the game itself may do to most. It's the game from an artist's point of view.

Think of D3 and its cinematics. They look absolutely gorgeous, but they do not at all represent the actual gameplay itself. If they used that and only that to advertise D3, it would be false, but weaving them into a trailer that also shows actual gameplay is perfectly acceptable.

What I'm saying here is that a camera angle alone is not a reason to call out GGG on a topic like this. There are multiple reasons the camera is setup the way it is in game and can only be unlocked in controlled environments, like when creating content like a trailer.

The defense rests.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Nov 13, 2018, 3:20:43 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
If you don't mind me playing the Devil's advocate here, this is technically not false advertisement.

The defense rests.

The jury finds the defendant guilty, your honor, and sentence him to write "this is not what the game really looks like when you play" 1000 times ;-D
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Nov 13, 2018, 4:26:56 AM
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

The defense rests.

The jury finds the defendant guilty, your honor, and sentence him to write "this is not what the game really looks like when you play" 1000 times ;-D

Objection! Your Honour, this is Chewbacca...
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
I would think this is an issue if the game would cost money before you see what it's actually all about.

But having a photo/action mode like in those trailers would be very nice i guess :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info