NEW PLAYER GUIDE (what you need to know about poe)

Hi there and welcome to my guide!

First things first, I will say that the way you play poe is upto you, this guide is only here to tell you how to play the game so you get the best experience.

Why another guide ? This guide will not explain how the game mechanics work etc. but it will explain how you should play poe for the most enjoyable experience.

POE

Ok first of all poe has a huge learning curve and it will take you quite some time to figure it all out. so if you are a player that doesnt want to think too much and just want to jump straight in and hope the game will be easy to play, then this game is not for you.

For the best experience you will need to do a lot of research as you go along, and the learning never stops, even after 3 years im still learning things about poe.

Ok down to business, here are the tips that will make poe life a lot easier and more enjoyable for you!

1. If you are new (even if you are not, but you are still having build troubles) to POE then I would advise you to find some builds from the previous league that will get you through most/if not all content, that are cheap and that you like the play style of. Use the build of your choosing and stick to it for your first run through of the new league or standard.

I say this because I know many that have quit poe because their builds were not effective enough to handle most content.

2. The game starts after you have completed the storyline (all acts), your level should be around 70 at that point. The whole storyline is liturally one big tutorial.

3. Download and install yourself a lootfilter, makes life a lot easier. (there are many guides on how to do this)

4. Microtransactions, what you really want. Currency Tab, Map Tab, Atleast 1 Premium Tab for selling ingame items.

5. Google is your friend, you will find all answers to your poe related questions through google, everything you need to know about poe is available on the net.

6. familiarize yourself with the poe trade system (its very easy)

7. Download POB (Path Of Building) once you got the hang of the game, this will help you with your current and all future builds, it will show you all the stats and you can create builds through this programm.

8. There are many ways of making currency, you just need to find one that works for you, like selling maps, leveling gems etc. (remember, with an efficient build you will have a much easier time making currency)

I will add more crucial tips along the way.

Good Luck and most of all HAVE FUN!
Last edited by Galilleo on Nov 12, 2018, 8:36:03 AM
Last bumped on Nov 13, 2018, 12:57:07 PM
Thank you for stating that the story is just the admission to end game, a looooong tutorial if you will.
I also respect and appreciate that while the dialog drops off, maps are STILL a real mission and very much part of the game, and there is a nearly impossible goal to attain!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
just a bump so new players dont miss it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info