Beginner Inquisitor Build Help

Hello All

I had been playing on Xbox before now and had reached the start of Act 3, doing okay for myself.

Based on what I've seen in the community, my build was all over the place which is to be expected for a novice. I was aiming for the Inquisitor as my Ascendancy.

I have been having trouble finding beginner friendly, low budget (just starting out on PC) builds and I'm looking for help and suggestions in a build I could use, just so I can have a greater understanding on making builds.

Overall, I am simply looking for a low budget, beginner friendly build that is capable of clearing Act 10 and at least doing some easier mapping.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

EDIT: If you are unsure of any specific Inquisitor builds, any builds that follow the above are just fine.
Last edited by GingerBoi175 on Nov 12, 2018, 12:48:12 PM
Last bumped on Nov 14, 2018, 4:29:55 AM
PoE is more about skill gems than classes.

What is your favourite playstyle?
"
Rakiii wrote:
PoE is more about skill gems than classes.

What is your favourite playstyle?

I kinda knew that, said it in an earlier post but forgot to say it here.

Anyhow, when I first went into PoE, I instantly went with Templar because I like melee/magic hybrids or Paladin type characters.

My original character on Xbox was all over the place with skills, but I liked the lightning skills more, Specifically Arc.

I was told however that lightning is good early but needs a lot of specific gear later to improve on it.
Try to search for Arc totem hierophant build (templar ascendancy).

It should be easy to gear, endgame viable (higher tier content requires some investment).

Traps / mines are also possible (not typical choice for templar though) or even selfcast (it lacks damage compared to traps / mines or totems but you can leech life/mana (small advantage).

You should be looking for builds with SSF / beginner´s friendly / easy to gear description.
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 13, 2018, 11:54:16 AM
Thanks for the replies, just had one more question.

How far back would some of the older builds not be viable?

I've seen some builds but they were back in 2.6 and similar versions.
"
GingerBoi175 wrote:
Thanks for the replies, just had one more question.

How far back would some of the older builds not be viable?

I've seen some builds but they were back in 2.6 and similar versions.

There has been so many changes since 2.6 I wouldn´t recommend such build for new player.

Anything past 3.3 should be fine.
Scratch that, got another question.

I'm confused and a bit intimidated in that when I look at these builds, they tell you to have some of the uniques at really early game.

What should I do about these?

I'm just having a really hard time looking for up-to-date builds that suit well to players pretty much just starting out (on PC anyway), with no stashed loot to give a boost.
Apart from the very start of a league when demand is high, leveling uniques are very cheap, and you can probably buy them with the currency you find (except Tabula Rasa, I guess).

Otherwise you can just use rare items with life and resistances. That should get you through the ten acts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info