Let's just hope GGG won't fuck up Delve implementation. A lot of work needs to be done here.

dude, are u serious?

We finally have a second option to grind in the end-game, instead of only spam underground sea map and you say no?

WTF? Are you kidding me?
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Nov 11, 2018, 10:02:21 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Chalace2 wrote:
You can ignore most things in this game if you don't want to do them. That's a huge part of its appeal.

That's the problem, though, for a lot of players. They feel forced to do things, and because they are unable to make choices, the content is "bad for core".

Full Sulphite bar? "I feel forced to run Delve, and every map I run feel like a waste because I don't get Sulphite, unless I run Delve". So we have to remove Delve, so I don't have to make choices, and my maps won't feel like a waste anymore, because there is no Sulphite bar.

I know, it's strange, but you see this attitude in several threads in here.

well, yes. you can ignore a lot of things. depends where you want to go.

if you decide to play more like charan where the game pretty much ends at maps you can do so.
or play without spending skillpoints, only use uniques you find yourself, etc.
but this is a very special way of playing this game and is more a personal preference/choice than the "usual" way.

if you want to experience the whole game you pretty much have to use everything it offers. here we are speaking of efficiency.
as ggg balances its game around those min/maxing everything you pretty much are forced to not ignore too much.

but who can blame especially new(er) players when they just get overwhelmed by sheer amount of possibilities this game offers. and ggg keeps adding new stuff every 3 months where half of it makes it to the core game.
they will reach a point where it gets too much (for me this point is already reached).
the best way to fix this IS the legacy/leaguestone mechanic.
you chose 3 leagues at max or buff one even more (like 3 delve leaguestones give you 3 nicos or such for fast sulfite refill). but there wont be any other league present like strongboxes, exiles, abyss etc.

maybe ggg proves me wrong for once. but as i know them, if they add delve to core the salt will be real.
"
Ruefl2x wrote:
but who can blame especially new(er) players when they just get overwhelmed by sheer amount of possibilities this game offers. and ggg keeps adding new stuff every 3 months where half of it makes it to the core game.
they will reach a point where it gets too much (for me this point is already reached).
you chose

People will probably complain about the legacy mechanics too. "Yes, i can ignore it, but it's too much, and I can't afford not to run them all - all the time"

The only way this game gets "too much content", is if that content is being pushed in your face. Delve is not. If players are unable to ignore a sulphite deposit here and there, and view that as "too much", it isn't the game that fails. RPG's are all about making choices. What's so God damn stupid about choosing what content to play?

But yes, lets just remove every league mechanic and add them ass legacy stones.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
As fun as Delve was initially, it got boring really fast for me.

Not even sure why. I honestly think it was everything OUTSIDE of delve that annoyed me. Standard mapping x 10 so you could delve for a little while.

The balance of Delve vs Map felt bad to me... and this is the Delve league? I can't trust that migrating this to core would make it so rare that it becomes forgettable.

I like delve, but I would say they need to figure out and add some "outside of delve" mechanic to mapping to make it interesting. Maybe surround sulphite locations with Bestiary style animals that are tough and rewarding on their own?

Not sure... but something did feel off about Delve for me. Also nodes don't feel rewarding until about 500 or so where you get a good city/boss/crap node mix.
Last edited by Prizy on Nov 12, 2018, 11:24:57 AM
I'm with OP. I do not derive any fun from the Delve. I'll pass. It's garbage.
they will have to nerf it to hard to balance it as a non league mechanic. they already nerfed it several times during the league.

id much prefer the next league to have a mechanic that is just as fun and rewarding as delves. then you wouldnt miss them.

if the next league is a dud then everyone will cry.

delve raised the bar. and GGG need to go even higher each time now.
"
daezd wrote:
they will have to nerf it to hard to balance it as a non league mechanic. they already nerfed it several times during the league.

id much prefer the next league to have a mechanic that is just as fun and rewarding as delves. then you wouldnt miss them.

if the next league is a dud then everyone will cry.

New endless content for each League! :3

Oh boy.
delve adds nothing to the game and if it goes to core it will be nerfed so hard you either can't play it more than once per week (when your sulfite is full) or don't want to touch it

cause what people really like about delve is the massive generation of currency (incl. fossils). and nothing else, cause every other aspect of it is atrocious!
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
daezd wrote:

delve didn't even REACH the bar cause it hit the ground on arrival. it's like designing a chocolate bar, but you forget the wrapper and overprice it by five times. still sweet but annoying in every other regard. a TOTAL design failure, and unbelievably bad implementation to boot!

and didn't you people see people "cry" more in this league than any other I've ever played? half liked delve, half hated it. if ggg learned anything from it, next league won't be anything like delve
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Nov 13, 2018, 10:18:17 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Ruefl2x wrote:
you chose

People will probably complain about the legacy mechanics too. "Yes, i can ignore it, but it's too much, and I can't afford not to run them all - all the time"

What's so God damn stupid about choosing what content to play?

But yes, lets just remove every league mechanic and add them ass legacy stones.

I have no words for that post

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info