Would you want PoE 2?

We all know PoE biggest flaw is its crappy engine with pre y2k physics. Imagine that same game on a superb 2020 engine - PoE 2! Would you want it or you are happy with how PoE engine currently is?

I think now is the perfect time for GGG to start making PoE 2 and if more people would love to see PoE on a better engine, we have to make the developers aware of that.
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2018, 10:11:05 AM
hm.

I don't know if it would be in their best interest to create PoE 2, is it not possible to just create a new engine and slap the existing assets into it? (ignorance is bliss, or I'm just too stupid) PoE is doing extremely well and of course their present engine is less than ideal, I don't see them creating PoE 2. o:
Not really. The engine they've designed continues to improve since it is their own and it really doesn't cause any issues for me whatsoever.

I like that they constantly update POE, which likely means a lot of the resources they bring in go back into POE rather than being split into another project.
Not really.
Depends.. would a new engine fix performance stuffs, or would it just make the graphics better, thus making the performance even worse?
I dont really see any reason to make a new PoE game if they can improve performance issues within the current game. Graphically i quite enjoy the game. And they keep giving us content regularly. Would be a bit silly to make a brand new game JUST to make performance and graphics better.
No, i'd rather have them keep bringing new stuff to POE. It doesn't run well no, but good enough.
Yes. They should. People leave POE because of the weird dsync lag (yes, it still exists) and the fact that it looks old. I come back to it every year or so because the game is awesome but the same problems still occur which totally kills my drive to play it. The game mechanics are incredible but it feels bad to play.
Yes. I wish blizz had a baby with ggg and we'd get D3 graphics with PoE mechanics.
I am a warrior. I was born to fight and death is my brother. I do not fear him. I see him in the eyes of the men and beasts that I kill. I feel him traveling beside me to this new land, this Wraeclast. He will take me to meet the ancestors when I am ready, and I am not ready.
I would play PoE2, but... PoE isn't really dying and I personally don't see anything wrong with the graphics. And the last 'engine' gripe I had was the "early" netcode and constant heavy desync. Days that are long gone by now.

I would play PoE2, but I would play PoE just as much. Which is entirely defined by the factor of: "Do I have the time to play it ?"

Nowadays, solid games can live for a decade: D2, WoW, LoL, Counter Strike. All fine exemples of different genra.
PoE will most likely join the list. It's still running strong and renews itself enough.
Einhar said the end or calamity is no longer than 3 years away.

But i'm not sure. I really love the design and look of the game. Having a technically better engine would be sweet and nice (and they are making progress on that front), but i fear a bit that a new engine would bring an unwelcome change of looks or atmosphere.
(
Like in Guilty Gear, Baiken was my favorite character, now she's just a fanservice-casualty :(
)

"
paranoic00 wrote:
Yes. I wish blizz had a baby with ggg and we'd get D3 graphics with PoE mechanics.

omg D3-graphics. I'd suddenly have time for all the other games i wanted to play instead of PoE ...
Last edited by Antaiseito on Nov 8, 2018, 11:08:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info