Kill Kitava

Your build could perform a lot better, if you were utilizing support gems.
Right now you dont and thats a huge mistake.

For example you got a 4link in your chest, but you are using auras in those links.
Remove those gems and use a different setup.

Your chest has 3 red sockets and 1 blue one.
If your mainskill was molten strike (could be any other, doesnt matter) put that gem into your chest and add some support gems.
Since molten strike is a red gem, you are left with 2 red and 1 blue sockets.

You could amplify molten strike with multistrike (2 additional hits, available in act4) as your second red gem, ancestral call as another red gem (will add another 2 hits basically, if multiple enemies are nearby) and either combustion (to destroy enemies fire res) or concentrated effect (reduces AoE for a huge dmg boost) as your blue gem.

Since every molten strike hit will spawn 2 projectiles, multistrike plus ancestral call would increase that number to 14 projectiles per click, if there are always multiple targets available. This will melt packs in no time, but wouldnt be that great for bosses.
For boss fights you might want to swap ancestral call for added fire or any other red support gem.
Note that support gems will only support skills they are directly linked to. Just putting them somewhere in slots wont do anything and thats why items with linked sockets are valuable.
One 4 link is usually good enough to carry a character to endgame, but you´ll want to get a 5link or 6link respectively further down the road.

Thats the essence of the game:
Focus on 1 or 2 skillgems, support them with your tree and support gems and try push those few skills to the max.
Do not run like 10+ skill gems, which you are currently doing, while supporting none of them with support gems. None of your skills will provide sufficient dmg and you´ll hit the wall rather sooner then later.

Good luck and feel free to ask :)
"
Orbaal wrote:
Your build could perform a lot better, if you were utilizing support gems.
Right now you dont and thats a huge mistake.

For example you got a 4link in your chest, but you are using auras in those links.
Remove those gems and use a different setup.

Your chest has 3 red sockets and 1 blue one.
If your mainskill was molten strike (could be any other, doesnt matter) put that gem into your chest and add some support gems.
Since molten strike is a red gem, you are left with 2 red and 1 blue sockets.

You could amplify molten strike with multistrike (2 additional hits, available in act4) as your second red gem, ancestral call as another red gem (will add another 2 hits basically, if multiple enemies are nearby) and either combustion (to destroy enemies fire res) or concentrated effect (reduces AoE for a huge dmg boost) as your blue gem.

Since every molten strike hit will spawn 2 projectiles, multistrike plus ancestral call would increase that number to 14 projectiles per click, if there are always multiple targets available. This will melt packs in no time, but wouldnt be that great for bosses.
For boss fights you might want to swap ancestral call for added fire or any other red support gem.
Note that support gems will only support skills they are directly linked to. Just putting them somewhere in slots wont do anything and thats why items with linked sockets are valuable.
One 4 link is usually good enough to carry a character to endgame, but you´ll want to get a 5link or 6link respectively further down the road.

Thats the essence of the game:
Focus on 1 or 2 skillgems, support them with your tree and support gems and try push those few skills to the max.
Do not run like 10+ skill gems, which you are currently doing, while supporting none of them with support gems. None of your skills will provide sufficient dmg and you´ll hit the wall rather sooner then later.

Good luck and feel free to ask :)

Thank you for this info.. I was not aware that all gems had to be related - supporting each other. I just put whatever. :) I also didnt know that these support gems where so important.

where can I find info for which gem does do what. I would have never known what you have told me, by just reading the description

I have never seen a 5 or 6 link yet!

another Question. If I should focus on say 2 swords, why do I have the option to have more weapons? I thought one set was range (bow and arrows) and one melee..
Last edited by Wizzbone on Nov 10, 2018, 8:09:36 PM
"
Rakiii wrote:
In what act are you now?

Act 5 on the roodtop of a cathedral?
I think the best way to get infos about good gem combos would be youtube tbh.

If you enjoy say molten strike, just go to youtube and search for molten strike builds in Delve league, so you get the latest infos and setups.
Then just watch the build in action to determine if thats fun or not.

If it looks like fun, then buy those gems in act 6 from Lilly Roth. She sells basically all gems existing in this game (except for drop only gems) after completing her quest and these gems are usually dirt cheap.
So you can totally try a few different setups as long as you have the right socket colors available.

Coloring sockets is a whole different story. You can use chromatic orbs to recolor sockets. Just be aware that strength based items will roll red sockets preferred, int based items will roll mostly blue sockets and dex items green ones. Picking the right base item is crucial to reduce costs of recoloring sockets.

5 or 6 links are pretty rare. You can craft them yourself, but thats expensive for beginners and I wouldnt recommend doing it just yet. Cheapest way would be buying a tabula rasa chest from another player for a cheap 6 link.
Its a terrible armor with no stats whatsoever, but this 6link will boost your damage big time. You´ll have to make up for this item defensively in other gear slots though. Keep that in mind.
If you want to buy gear, click the trade button right here on the forums or go to poe.trade

The secondary weapon slots are useless for like 99% of all builds. You basically never swap your weapons. But they do provide 6 more sockets to put gems into and level those gems while playing.
Thats what most people are doing. They know that they will be using gem xyz further down the road but cant fit them into their current gear and still want to level those gems.
OK.. I did not read much, just see what i have in my box..
Is this better? I seem to be able to kill better and quicker both with bow and swords.
Need more brains, exile?
Last edited by MasterTBC on Nov 13, 2018, 11:33:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info