Why do you never find a rare with a good roll?

Been playing for quite a long time and just makes me wonder why do rares always roll so crappy? For example...

A weapon never has enough increased dmg to make you consider using it.

Boots never roll enough resists/speed/life combo to make you use them

Gloves, same as boots..

Everything else...same story..

just seems kinda silly that in years of playing this game, I've literally never found a single good item, best thing I've found is probably...4 different exalts in my entire playing time...

in a game about hacking/slashing/looting, i find it odd that I have had to trade for every single decent item I have.
Last bumped on Nov 8, 2018, 2:57:53 PM
I find them once in a while. I just pick up every rare with a good base. Sometimes I find triple res stuff, high ES + res etc. Also found some awesome spell daggers. It's just really hard to roll exactly what you need so only advice I could give is pick up as much as you can.
rares with good mods do get found. you can find all kinds of them all over poe.trade. its just that YOU don't find them, hardly ever. it does still happen but really really rare.

this is why i can't play SSF honestly. i don't have the time to fail crafting and praying for good items to drop etc.

but keep in mind we're also comparing the mods you find on your rares to all the others found listed on poe.trade. so you're already comparing your rares to the fraction of a % worth of rares which go up for sale. if you were playing SSF im sure you'd find much more value where you currently don't

its all about perspective
You can find some, but generally it's easier to throw currency at an item than picking up every item and IDing it because you can iterate faster. Think of how long it takes to kill a monster, check the items, walk to pick it up, ID it compared to spamming currency on the same item.
Last edited by FathomWheel on Nov 7, 2018, 5:00:43 PM
Because a well rolled rare is like 1/100000 as it needs more than one top tier roll to be viable.

For example take a 2h, for it to roll merciless or tyrannical is already about 1/1000, now it needs a good flat roll or a good hybrid roll (about 10% ish for a decent one) so 1/10000.

Thats for 2 mods, now everytime you get a mod the others go up in probability so it does get slightly more likely that your subsequent affix/suffix group is improved but what it comes down to is you are about as likely to find a mirror as to find a really well rolled rare weapon.

Some pieces are slightly more common or were slightly more tolerant of their rolls but I don't even pickup rares except jewelery :/ like none at all if it isn't shaped/elder its worthless.
well roled Rares are rare, yes. but you get some, from time to time.

a few examples of 'good ones' from SSF Delve:
Spoiler
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
Because you don't play enough. I've found a 620 ES shield sold for 80ex. Found a GG WED ring sold for 120ex and plenty of shit 10-20ex.

I play SSF only nowadays confident enough to find good stuffs

really with fossils it's so easy to make good stuffs all you gotta find is fossils and ilvl 85s
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 7, 2018, 7:17:22 PM
I'm sure you find rares with a (singular) good roll all the time. They are a dime a dozen. THe problem is it takes more then 1 good mod to make an item worth anything. Getting 1 good roll is easy, a rare filled with all good rolls..... now that is winning a lotto.
If you want to find rares that are upgrades play SSF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info