Quitting Diablo for good - back to PoE

Hi all
Any tips for a returning PoE player?
Last time I played was somewhere around 2014. Any new stuff I should be aware about?
Thanks in advance,
Last bumped on Nov 7, 2018, 11:14:27 PM
Tons of new stuff. The biggest change i can think of would be, that the game now only has 1 difficulty but 10 full campaign acts to play through.

We are currently a bit over halfway through the current league "Delve league", with the next one being announced along with the next expansion in about a week.

Welcome back 😉
funfact : windripper rangers make the most money in this game because their builds dont cost much and magic find yeilds massive income.

"
dvasan wrote:
funfact : windripper rangers make the most money in this game because their builds dont cost much and magic find yeilds massive income.

A cheap Windripper build is trash, lol. The helm enchant alone is 20-25 ex.
You can look in my "for all new players...." thread here on the 1st page.

There you can find tons of links to current build ideas. ;)

But generaly theres nothing new (beside better graphic, improved gameplay, etc....)

And with Delve theres a endless Dungeon now in the game.
Last edited by CroDanZ on Nov 7, 2018, 6:00:30 AM
If you haven't played in 4 years I'd just approach the game as if it were something brand new. Honestly so much has been added in the past 4 years that its a completely different game then it used to be, for better or worse depending on who you ask.
XBOX-----------------
Kitava Supporter
Dominator Supporter
1st Lvl 100: Incursion League
1st SSF UE, UA, and Shaper: Delve League
Just a heads up, if you still have your old account you may want to check some of your items. Some Legacy stuff is worth quite a bit!

If you find a spare Kaoms lying around collecting dust, hit me up...j/k.
-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
Hm... a LOT happened since 2014.

As said above, now there's 1 difficulty and 10 acts, meaning we won't have to kill the same guys and do the same quests 3 times. The downside is that everything seems to have become easier to compensate. Ffor example, normal Dominus felt much stronger than current Dominus.

The game now also have new currencies for crafting which also got more complex (essences, now Delve, etc). They added a personal hideout, dailies and masters (more crafting options). And the end-game was vastly expanded, with more and much more difficult bosses.
6 challenges in the current league.
Hasn't played in 4 years.
Forgot about the 40/40 you got in Incursion.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Nov 7, 2018, 11:06:55 PM
For someone who hasn't played in 4 years. You sure have a lot of activity in the PoE forums. Not only that. But those 4 badges, they are clearly 4 years old. xD
Permanent Hardcore only.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info