Controller options on PC?

Will we get these soon?
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2018, 8:43:31 PM
It wont happen soon. In feedback such a demand is few years already.
ya there seems to be some 3rd party programs that can help it happen but is still not 100% efficient.

seems like the best bet is a steam controller
*shudders*
xbox's out and ps4 is coming soon, i know its hard to set up for the devs on a pc since not even blizzard did it for diablo 3, different games and architecture and stuff, but it would be nice, i would love to play in my bed on the big tv and honestly the controller scheme though limited is quite comfortable, you use the analog pad to move and lets be honest there arent that many buttons you need to press, 8 skills and 5 flask but i can see why it wont be implemented, it would need to be a totally different game interface so its just not worthed.
But...why?
Mouse and keyboard is magnitudes better for a game like poe. It would be like trying to skateboard with a brick.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
They had to redesign the layout for consoles to even somewhat work with controllers. It's not gonna happen on PC, it's a waste of time to add support for an inferior control scheme
"
Nephalim wrote:
Mouse and keyboard is magnitudes better for a game like poe. It would be like trying to skateboard with a brick.

I understand that click to move is a core part to these games including DOTA and people don't want that changed.

But reality is that it's not better, in fact it's a legacy thing from early computing where peripherals were limited and challenging to program (incorporate) around.
Also WASD (keyboard centric movement) should go away too. We should have and use ISO gaming standards for controllers so it's pnp like a keyboard.

In 2018, as we're entering Home VR Gaming we "should" be beyond Keyboard and mouse to click to move, but I'm not holding my breath.
I think there was a streamer playing on PC with a controller. DS3 tools should work without a problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info