New Player - Done w/ Diablo (Good Starting Class?)

Don't make 100 your goal until you've played this game way longer. 100 is painful and unnecessary - most players cap out around 90 or 95, and that's accepted as a totally normal endpoint among PoE players. Trust me, when you get there you'll see exactly why.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
IamLoco wrote:
If you want to avoid early frustration, change your goals a little:

1st character to lvl 95. And explore the whole game content.

There are people who play this game since 2013 and haven´t reached lvl 100 with a character, yet. Just saying.

What's that matter? Some of the most well known players like Mathil probably #1 streamer hit 93 max. Anything after that is pretty retarded grind.

OP will find out the hard way lol. Try 500-1000 maps per level after 96
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 6, 2018, 10:36:00 AM
Juggernaut mauraders ftw!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
IamLoco wrote:
If you want to avoid early frustration, change your goals a little:

1st character to lvl 95. And explore the whole game content.

There are people who play this game since 2013 and haven´t reached lvl 100 with a character, yet. Just saying.

What's that matter? Some of the most well known players like Mathil probably #1 streamer hit 93 max. Anything after that is pretty retarded grind.

OP will find out the hard way lol. Try 500-1000 maps per level after 96

Im pretty sure Mathil max was 96-97 back when there were no ascendency class.
You guys are telling him/her what to do when he/she reaches lvl 90. You should be telling them not to freak out about the passive tree, and not to play hardcore right away, because they will die.
Essence drain & contaigion trickster is a perfect starter build because you do not need anything special at all - cheapest build ever. Plus you learn to dodge big hits with movement. If you play JuggMara there is a good chance that you will become one of those facetank everything guys that are completely unable to ever play another class in high level content!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
..mine first character went to lvl 100, learned most in that way and played with Arc simply because I wanted something similar to to Diablo 2 Lightning Witch and lightning is mine favorite stuff in all games (Dark Souls 3 has superb not only Lightning Spear :)..

That was fairly nice adventure.

Imo choose what you like and what is close to you and try to play. Some builds can not play everything, but still its the best way how to enjoy game and learn if needed.

gl hf :)

ps: Praise the Sun! :)
Last edited by Rexeos on Nov 6, 2018, 4:41:41 PM
Returning, casual player.

OP if you're still here; I suggest playing the game. No seriously just run in, pick a character, and see how far you can go. If only to learn how the game plays, feels, and runs.

If you like it, keep going. If you're having trouble, maybe switch to a different character or look up guides after you have some experience. If you don't like it.., well a different build might help make it feel better but unsure.

Marauder gets suggested as especially for new players, they're a brick. Kinda easy, simple, and get things done. You can branch out to different builds but you can probably go far in story just slapping Health, Armor, and Damage.

But if you're new, trying to wrap your head around why a build you're following is good can be a bit overwhelming. So I suggest maybe doing your own thing at first.
"
dvasan wrote:
best build for starters is witch firestorm always easiest way to learn the game
Nah, Witch Freezing Pulse : easier to scale, you get it as soon as you start playing (basically, anyway), get a quick glance at trading for your 2nd First Snow gem, and you can use either Dual Wands or Dual Opal Scepters with +%Elemental/Spell/Cold for massive damage later on.

Only gripe I have is survivability of that class in general...
Welcome, Exile!
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info