Private Leagues

So im worried that private leagues in conjunction with popular streamers hoping on this new feature like rabbid dogs + most of the subscribers of theirs, and additional people that watch them..........will lead to more and more of the player base getting drawn away from the actual ongoing leagues, HC and SC respectively.

Thoughts ?
Last bumped on Nov 6, 2018, 4:47:00 AM
You really think a chunk of the player base really wants the game to be MUH GAME NEEDS TO BE HARDER let me pay 12 dolla for 10 days extensions!

There's literally nothing positive / benefit doing those leagues unless you truly want to make it harder for some reason going NOW IT'S FUN HEY GUYS LOOK NO STASH! League!

+ Negative resist
+ MULTIPLAYER MONSTER

Now the game is SUPER HARDER!

Naw the people who would do that at most would be the streamers just cause.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
You really think a chunk of the player base really wants the game to be MUH GAME NEEDS TO BE HARDER let me pay 12 dolla for 10 days extensions!

There's literally nothing positive / benefit doing those leagues unless you truly want to make it harder for some reason going NOW IT'S FUN HEY GUYS LOOK NO STASH! League!

+ Negative resist
+ MULTIPLAYER MONSTER

Now the game is SUPER HARDER!

Naw the people who would do that at most would be the streamers just cause.

I hope you are right, for me the concern still remains, we will see what the imidiate future will show.
Last edited by WithinSelf on Nov 6, 2018, 1:19:23 AM
I wont watch that streamer if he's going to play a super weak char, rather an entertaining person like demigodking since he always shows his power with his standard wealth its more fun to watch.
I doubt that there will be an influx on SC leagues.

HC leagues on the other hand might see a reduction in available high end/very rare items and services. This is highly dependent how many will actually play such custom leagues and others who are willing to fill those "free" spots.

but there are other problems i see:

every bigger streamer will be hosting a custom league with different mods enabled. i fear that some of their followers will develop a mentality like "we are better than the rest".
Not that i care but the elitism will be strong in this one and it will definitely create drama.

another thing is giveaways/prices.
it wont take long and streamers will create leagues and say "the first one to kill kitava/reach level X" gets some kind of price (physical goods).
i don't know if ggg is/will be ok with this.

if you look at fortnite they heavily limited the access for creating custom games (where the only thing you can "custom" is to open a server with a password) so popular streamers can create their own tournaments and make big money out of their privilege.

but as GGG said, this is all experimental and they can pull the plug anytime they want.
Last edited by Ruefl2x on Nov 6, 2018, 4:49:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info