First time player confused on builds...

So when i used to play Diablo 3, it was simple to find builds online but this game seems to have database EVERYWHERE. question being:
1) Which place is best for me to get a good build? meta build preferably
2) I like to kill things fast
3) Hopefully can achieve tanky/dps , if not dps is preferred.

Look forward to playing!
Last bumped on Nov 8, 2018, 2:40:37 AM
"
faliaoc wrote:
So when i used to play Diablo 3, it was simple to find builds online but this game seems to have database EVERYWHERE. question being:

Look forward to playing!

1. since beginner look for youtube guides of twitch streamer but making your own builds are better

2. any queen of the forest build is fast or blightbreak shieldcharge

3. dps depends on how much money you invest on your gear
1) I've looked at quite a few youtube videos but they vary VASTLY on what they recommend
3) Money? as in real life? or in-game?
"
faliaoc wrote:

Look forward to playing!

You could use poe.ninja to scour meta builds.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds

It sorts out builds based on classes, skills, etc....Though, it's pretty rough to scour unless you know what you are looking for.

Otherwise, just search the forums for Molten Strike Juggernauts or Pathfinder Poet Pen Volatile Dead. It's the meta flavor for this league. You usually know the meta builds by how many people play or complain about it how broken the skill is during the league.

Juggernauts tend to be a better blend of DPS and Tankiness. Pathfinders VD are pure DPS unless you happen to be rich and have a Zerphi's Heart Flask for that 10,000+ Regen.

My only warning is that, if you play a meta build, just expect it to suck in a month or so when the next league comes around.

Path of Exile likes to keep players playing, by obliterating old OP builds and making new OP Skills for players to play next league.
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Sidad on Nov 5, 2018, 11:26:54 PM
I would advise to the new exiles coming from the other game, that you learn to understand, how different PoE is, if you are used to the other game´s build functionality.
There are so many differences and the biggest one is, this here does not work like copy paste a guide and you have exactly same performance like the guider does.
We have no set gear and builds that are used for such set.
You won´t see the endgame with your first character, I am pretty sure, you will fail. We all did.
Try to understand how it works, what are the best combination of skill and support gems, are you going for melee or caster of spells.
Learn about cast when damage taken setups, see how curses work and how to use them in different ways, there is so much and you will not easily copy a guide and be the new strongest man in the game.
"
faliaoc wrote:
Money? as in real life? or in-game?

Not real life money, this game isn't P2W. You can't just buy your way to the top.
By "money" they meant currency, for example Chaos Orbs or Exalted Orbs.
Spend a few months developing skills and knowledge before you even try to make a build.
"
Sidad wrote:

This.

But also make sure the build guide you are looking at is up to date with the current patch since some builds & items get wrecked by patches.
"
faliaoc wrote:

Look forward to playing!

1) Meta builds are expensive. Personally have my own designed ele hit archer. Oneshots everything, including endgame bosses (3-5 shots to wreck each phase of Shaper - Uber Elder during Uber Elder fight). Outstanding build. Current cost woul be 250-300 ex probably, if gear was available, but it is not, even if you obtain currency from RMT shops (stupid solution imho).

2) You will killing everything on "map" very fast with 1-2 ex build. Problem is Delve depths or bosses. There you need meta or "bosskiller", which could have really miserable clearspeed.

3) Tanky? Probably some Righteus Fire juggernauts, if you need tankiness or survivability, look at HC builds.

Overall - this league is dead, slow down, try to design something yourself, gather experience, which you will use in next league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info