fuck the rng in this game
im crafting a ring
have 3x t1 res suffix
been rolling prefix
ive now exalted this item and scoured off prefixes about 15 times
and ive rolled mana on the exalt 10 times
10/15 times i roll mana

how the actual fuck is that random
i have locked off ES with craft mod and when i DONT lock off es and lock off MANA instead guess what it rolls?
YUP!
ES

so if it appears that only 2 mods are able to roll while there are very clearly multiple avail mods
how the fuck is this random
starting to think this shit is fucking rigged and i should just stop bothering to craft altogether

so goddamn stupid

tldr
im mad
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Last bumped on Nov 7, 2018, 9:08:35 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Phew, business as usual, finally. No mention of DI or leagues or PS4...just straight up whingeing about RNG.

All's right with the world once again. Bless you, OP.

back to the basics

random but no so random

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
@RitualMurder

I don't think there is equal chance for every possible mod to appear? The more sought after mod the harder to get it is. As far as I know that's how RNG works in this game or at least I think that it does.

@鬼殺し Ever noticed that world doesn't spin around you either?
"
Sidad wrote:
@RitualMurder

I don't think there is equal chance for every possible mod to appear? The more sought after mod the harder to get it is. As far as I know that's how RNG works in this game or at least I think that it does.

@鬼殺し Ever noticed that world doesn't spin around you either?

there are 16 possible basic mods i can roll
man
phys dmg
ele dmg
etc etc etc and on top of that most of those have 1-9 varying mod levels

so ur telling me
out of those 16 possible mods x mod level variations its totally normal out of 15 tries to roll the same base mod (mana) 10 times and not feel as if something is off with the rng in this game?

if you can show me some math that even partially explains how that makes sense ill gladly concede that im wrong
but i dont believe anyone can

/edit
its not really that im rolling shitty mods a bunch of times
i expected to roll a bunch of crap
but when i roll the same shit useless mod group (mana) 10/15 times
thats not random at all
Last edited by RitualMurder on Nov 5, 2018, 8:53:02 PM
Unfortunately weighted RNG means GGG can do whatever the fuck they want to and still get away with calling it random.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
RitualMurder wrote:
so ur telling me
out of those 16 possible mods x mod level variations its totally normal out of 15 tries to roll the same base mod (mana) 10 times and not feel as if something is off with the rng in this game?

if you can show me some math that even partially explains how that makes sense ill gladly concede that im wrong

Easy. A person flips a coin 19 times. Each flip results in heads. What's the chance of flip #20 resulting in heads?

A: 50%. The result of the previous 19 flips in no way affect the result of the 20th flip. Just like your previous nine crafting attempts in no way affect the mod you're getting on your tenth crafting attempt.
Well if you give low desired mod(s) 80 or 90 percent chance to appear and rest more desired mod(s) 10 percent or less chance than there you problem is. Even if you have 10% chance it doesn't mean that out of 100 tries you will get 10 hits. Every time you roll dice its a new roll. i.e same applies to item corruption. That's why its so hard/expensive to get certain desired corruptions like i.e +1 to gem lvl or curse or bleed immunity and so on.

That's why before crafting I would suggest to think about (very) possible loses first and think about if you can take it. Only then make decision to craft or not. At least that way you wont feel as bad if you fail in your crafting attempt.
I'm suck at crafting so I gotta ask, how do you "lock off" ES and/or mana on a ring? No such thing with masters.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
I'm suck at crafting so I gotta ask, how do you "lock off" ES and/or mana on a ring? No such thing with masters.

if i craft a mana or es mod that locks it from being a possible exalt outcome
then i can recraft a useful mod or exalt again for the 6th mod
at this point my ring is

1 open pfx
==crafted=== 16es pfx
79 life pfx
46fire res sfx
48light res sfx
46 cold res sfx
"
"
RitualMurder wrote:
so ur telling me

Easy. A person flips a coin 19 times. Each flip results in heads. What's the chance of flip #20 resulting in heads?

A: 50%. The result of the previous 19 flips in no way affect the result of the 20th flip. Just like your previous nine crafting attempts in no way affect the mod you're getting on your tenth crafting attempt.

50/50 is not the same really
there are 16 available mods with 1-9 variations
lets avg out to 5 variations x 16mod thats 90 possible outcomes for modifiers
it rolled mid range mana modifiers 10/15 times
that means that i rolled a 90 sided die and landed on numbers 1-5 10 times/15
thats incredible bad luck
or shitty rng
my vote is shitty rng

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type