Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Mar 5, 2013, 5:47:43 AM
hehehe, i stopped after 950, almost rage quit
Lost 314159265 fusing!!!!!!!!1!oneoneone
I'm getting tired of these threads...
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
kamil1210 wrote:
Lost 314159265 fusing!!!!!!!!1!oneoneone
I'm getting tired of these threads...

Don't read them if it upsets you this much.
It don't make me upset, just bored. Why ppl think they will get 6 link after certain number of fuisings if it is random. They can get 6 link after 1 orb or after 2718281 fusings.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Mar 5, 2013, 6:28:59 AM
For geometric distributions like these, the formula for "linear luck" of n (where .5 is average luck and .99 is 1-in-100 unlucky), with a given chance per trial of p and at number of trials x, is:
n = 1-(1-p)^x

Which, at 1800 trials and with a chance of 1/900 (not a very bad estimate), gives about .865, which basically means OP is about 1-in-7 unlucky. Or, in other words, either my estimate of the 6L chance is too low, or what's happening to OP is happening to all sorts of people already and really isn't that remarkable.

From what I can tell, breaking 4000 puts you in (or at least near) the 1-in-100 unlucky club, and can be considered the official time to complain.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 5, 2013, 6:56:27 AM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
It don't make me upset, just bored. Why ppl think they will get 6 link after certain number of fuisings if it is random. They can get 6 link after 1 orb or after 2718281 fusings.

jelly of 1800 fusings? XD

Btw, Op, i share your pain

Path of Exile > Diablo II > TorchLight 2 > Diablo I > Hello Kitty Online > Diablo III
Last edited by DarkRay on Mar 5, 2013, 6:43:57 AM
I'll just wade in here with my 20 fusings to 6L a chest armour, and leave before I'm lynched...
IGN: Kulde
I like turtles.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info