Do people even want more guides and explanations to the game?

I was just wondering if new players were actually looking for guides and videos to explain the game and teach them how to play etc

Theres already so many is it even worth taking the time to make another?

Last bumped on Nov 6, 2018, 12:55:37 PM
Just wait till new league starts and u’ll c how many ppl will say I can’t do that how u do this, same as with delve and walls etc... There always will b ppl which prefer to read or watch how to do stuff instead to try figuring it out by themselves, so t answer is yes plz;)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
I dont get this. I remember these games, i had no guide for and experienced stuff, elaborated game mechanics and was so excited! Nowerdays? Guides, secrets revealed after 2 hours and so on and so on. No brain gaming all over the place. Twitch is a bitch.
Well, I don´t think an umpteenth guide for, for example, vendor reciped would make sense.
But I am sure, as PoE evolves, there will be many chances to create new helpful guides.
Or editing older ones... I mean.. there might be some new players comiung our way.. :)
I have not seen any guides to all the third party tools. There are so many that just a list of them would be nice. Adding reviews and comparisons would be useful.
Look at the guides that Engineering Eternity made, he has a full leveling guide from Act 1 to Act 10. They have since changed certain things in earlier acts, such as layout, and made it so he feels his guide for that needs to be redone.

There are still guides needed for all the random stuff in PoE, such as Atlas progression, Ailments(ignite vs burning, etc), Curses(how to pick the best one for your build), and so on. Some stuff that already has guides, needs the guide updated. A new guide for uber lab needs to be done, because the few that I have watched are still mentioning old things that no longer exist in the lab.
The problem about guides these days is not that they don't exists rather how HARD is to find the GOOD ones over the mediocre ones and so much useless shit.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
I was just wondering if new players were actually looking for guides and videos to explain the game and teach them how to play etc

Theres already so many is it even worth taking the time to make another?

Depends...
Still haven't found a guide for sextant use. All that exploit sextant blocking
And t16 sustain abuse from the strimers made GGG nerf that sextant to oblivion.
So I still have no clue how to make good use of sextant now.
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"
Earthslug wrote:

Depends...
Still haven't found a guide for sextant use. All that exploit sextant blocking
And t16 sustain abuse from the strimers made GGG nerf that sextant to oblivion.
So I still have no clue how to make good use of sextant now.

Guides about OP strategies usually leads to more nerfs so it's kinda normal that people don't share advanced info anymore.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
IIPheXII wrote:
The problem about guides these days is not that they don't exists rather how HARD is to find the GOOD ones over the mediocre ones and so much useless shit.

This too.
98% are absolete due to extreme nerfing.

Not QQ for the nerfs, just saying for me, a returning player I don't know what still works and what doesn't.
Watched 2hour sextant movies only to see I can use just 1 for 3 turns and has near zero impact on map drops...

Great
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info