Blizzard could really learn from GGG

"
GGG treat this game as a passion

Debatable. The overpriced map tab proved to me they are as greedy as everyone else but at least have enough decency to not go full retard.
If you still haven't gotten over $15 you spent two years ago...
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Wonder when people will realize there hasn't been "Blizzard" for like 10 years.

Starcraft II deserves some credits. Nothing exudes corporate malevolence in this one (except the bland plot maybe).

Apart from that and Overwatch (even though I don't like Overwatch), that has been my stand on Blizz for some time too.

Passionate people making passionate games.
Then, you shuffle them around:
People passionate about money managing people passionate about games.

A classic tale, really. And don't be fooled: from a company perspective,that's a success story.
had more fun playing Broodwar over again than I did in SC2. It just wasn't fun.
Blizzard died a long time ago :P
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Wonder when people will realize there hasn't been "Blizzard" for like 10 years.

its not that blizzard has changed so much i think. its that blizzard north was dissolved before they moved forward with d3.
"Blizzard could really learn from GGG"

What should they learn? It seems GGG learned a lot from Blizzard..
Last edited by Rexeos on Nov 4, 2018, 6:45:54 PM
My mind is still boggled by the fact that people still play D3 and "hope" for some magic game to return.

Diablo was dead when D3 was launched.

POE and it's values and direction have always been the superior way forward.

I think it's actually mostly psychological... People have nostalgia for the Diablo brand name and the fun times of D1 and D2 and that nostalgia keeps them in the Diablo franchise.
They could.

But you are really foolish if you think they ever would.

Anyway, props to GGG for making d3. Actual d3, not garbage failure with less stats and itemization options than a d1.
Last edited by Jadame on Nov 4, 2018, 10:25:47 PM
I totally agree. Blizzard might well be onto something with their newer developement philosofies, in terms of making money.. but along the way, they forgot how to make truly good games.

I'm very happy that GGG seems committed to making truly good games, and not just moneygrabbers.

Hypothetical high five GGG!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info