totaly random ?

under control ?
"
Rip_VanWinkle wrote:
totaly random ?

under control ?

Pseudorandom number generator

and I quote: sequence is not truly random
All of RNGs in use are indeed pseudo random, with algorithm based on set of predetermined conditions (a.k.a. seed) to even function.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Nov 5, 2018, 5:05:09 AM
"
torturo wrote:
All of RNGs in use are indeed pseudo random, with algorithm based on set of predetermined conditions (a.k.a. seed) to even function.

Quantum Random Numbers should be truly random, right?
Can't really tell. For me, true randomness is a subject of theoretical mathematical studies and respectively useful (practical) working models as byproduct.

Quantum RNG has been advertised as "true random", but who knows.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Nov 5, 2018, 5:35:44 AM
"
ThoryX wrote:
"
Rip_VanWinkle wrote:
totaly random ?

under control ?

Pseudorandom number generator

and I quote: sequence is not truly random

I'm pretty sure the OP meant "utterly random" vs. "weighted random".

Having a certain "chance" to get a certain outcome, by definition, requires weighted randomness. It's just that 6-linking has such a low probability per "event" (and no hard limits or fail-safes) it can feel "totally random" from a personal perspective, especially when you get a bad streak.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
I fuse your item for 1350 fuse.
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"
xMustard wrote:
imo your fault for continuing to try to link after however long. to get upwards of 6k used. how would you keep going, and why (...)

What? Don't mislead others. If we're talking about RNG there is no thing such "long" or "short". You can fuse something for one shot or after 6k shots. There is no rule for that. BUT I wonder if the "math" is a really gamble but not have to. We don't know what "the math" is in the reality.
Last edited by Saronaya on Nov 6, 2018, 2:10:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info