Does anyone think social media is 100% coopted?

Whatever you think of Trump the Russians did pump him up and deride Hillary. The Saudis secret service are doing that with the critical jounalist they hacked up.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/saudi-arabias-information-war-to-bury-news-of-jamal-khashoggi/2018/10/17/e4825a5a-d227-11e8-b2d2-f397227b43f0_story.html?utm_term=.a86c4973706f

Corporations hire firms to post positive views of their products. CIA has firms to sway public as well. I think we’ve already reached the point where social media reveals very little of what people really think and believe. It's all manipulated by powers that be when it was supposed to democratize opinions and give a voice to average persons.

Some governments it's too dangerous for many people to risk the use of social media at all with unflattering opinions. Like Saudi Arabia or Russia where saying wrong thing about regime you "disappear".

I'm starting to think social media is more bad than good.

Git R Dun!
Last bumped on Oct 21, 2018, 7:11:31 PM
I would say that thing social media as a whole is completely controlled by organizations is a bit too tinfoil hat to me.

However, that's not to say their sway is minimal either. However, as I've seen the internet grow along with me, internet growth spurts are so easy to process. With facebook and the fake news, I do feel it was beyond their control because they didn't have the foresight to see it used as a weapon of influence.

In other words, they assumed the vast majority of people learned to think critically and even basic high school students would be familiar with the concept of checking sources.

I still find myself having to warn my senior aged parents that just because you see it on the internet doesn't make it true.
Yep, totally over league play.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I'm starting to think social media is more bad than good.

Media is paid to hide certain news, edit, and frontpage certain news.

Its so flawed its ridicilous. :(

Its heavily biased against men. If man does something, the wording is so horrible, but when the woman does something exactly bad - the wording is so innosence and "no big deal".. and that new is buried immediatly.

I saw Trump interview, one interview kept interupting him non stop. Its so f.. infuriating. Who has the audacity to interupt president..

The only real media is independant small youtubers who do non biased information. Not following any of them from politics but do follow few from gaming.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
I've already was suspended on facebook for 1 week, for two times. Each one of them was when I got into political disputes where I criticized Jews and their actions. Strangely enough, when after being back on facebook. I started to test out if they are providing the same level of protection to other nations or religions. So for several days I tried my best to look on content that was straightly anti-islamic, and guess what. My literal trash talk for week, ended up with nothing. Same situation if you will bash Christians or Nationalistic groups around the world.

IF that is not something to concern about than I dont know what is

My second test was on my fake account that I just made. It was made of only my Name, and 2 letters randomly picked as a surname. No information provided about anything, no photos at all. My fake account was heavily used to generally spread posts and take paprt in discussions where I was provoking people with putting out very controversial opinions, antagonistic to the establishment, Jews, and heavily emphasising on the conspiracy theory being completely true mainly 9/11 but also dozen others that most of people are not even aware of.

After some time, I dont really know how long it took, once I logged in on my fake account, facebook welcomed me with the screen I never saw. Basically they wanted to confirm if my name and surname is my real name (this provided one). I've pressed Yes, and on the next window they told me, that I have week for sending them scan of my ID card that will confirm this information. Otherwise my account after 1 week will be terminated.

I just told to myself "Oh my fucking God" and than deleted my fake account.

I dont more prove, social media are on the constant observation, and people that starts to be very loud on things that are not very comfortable for them, you will be targeted one way or another.

So better watch out what you share there, as it literally can be one day used against you. Peace
Please don't mute me
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<(°) FAKE TOUCANS, FAKE PRAYERS (°)>
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Please don't mute me
Last edited by Letmeliveeee on Oct 20, 2018, 10:24:21 AM
To me, social medias are only fake news, like the real meaning of fake news. Almost everything there is on that is modified to fit a very specific narrative because there's no citations/sources and anyone can post any garbage coming from any kind of garbage sites and people just share that crap.

Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on Oct 20, 2018, 11:15:51 PM
What a ridiculous title question! While it's clear that social media companies have a significant leftwing bias — and probably will for the foreseeable future, even if they diligently work against it, so long as the vast majority of their employees are Californians — this bias is definitely somewhere north of 51% but less than 100%. The success of anti-left commentators on YouTube an obvious empirical refutation of your hyperbolic claim.

Sheeit, I'm quoting a post you made on social media right fucking now.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Whatever you think of Trump the Russians did pump him up and deride Hillary.
Yes, but they also promoted Bernie, Black Lives Matter, and post-election anti-Trump rallies (one of which received national press coverage when Michael Moore attended); they never promoted Clinton directly (AFAIK),only deriding her, but were happy to play both sides of pretty much everything else, to include both pro-Trump and anti-Trump messaging.

In short, Russian strategy was not as one-dimensional as the typically American political mindset, in part because one-dimensionality is more unifying than more complicated analysis. For example, Breitbart is quite effective at dividing various political actors and mindsets into a very simple "us" and "them" dichotomy, and in so doing presents an energizing, if somewhat naively oversimplified, worldview to the Trump base. That's effective propaganda. The Russians were into counter-propaganda, which is quite a different beast.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 21, 2018, 12:41:38 PM
Co-opted, yes. By the orange autocrat.
Congratulations, you are starting to realize you've being programmed.

Also remember that it's for "your own safety" and it doesn't pretend to limit your freedom in any way.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Oct 21, 2018, 7:31:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info