[3.6-Legacy Gear] Scold's Cast on Attack Cyclone | 48 Spells & 200 Proj a Sec | 7k EHP | T16 Viable

[3.6-Legacy Gear] Scold's Cast on Attack Cyclone Spell Nova | 48 Spells & 200 Projectiles a Second | 7k EHP | T16 Guardians Viable

I quit PoE, so I won't be making any updates or changes to my builds. If you manage to update or improve any of them, please share it in the build thread or PM me so others can benefit! I will link it in the OP too.

This guide is not for players completely new to Path of Exile. Some knowledge and experience is required.

Video (similar build, but doesn't use Inpulsa's, Discharge, Volatile Dead, Frost Bomb):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dybuWILNRXU

Cost:
Most of the cost comes from the instant leech Vessel of Vinktar which is around 120ex. Total cost of the build is around 150ex, excluding Headhunter.
Budget League version here [DEAD]: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2242618

Clear Speed:
Above Average to fast, depending on monster health.
In lower tier maps where you 1 shot everything, you'll be clearing everything on and off the screen with Cyclone. In T16 Elder Underground Sea with sextants, beyond, and influence, it won't one shot everything on the screen so you'll be slower and may need to get closer to tough monsters.

Survivability:
~7k EHP (Mind Over Matter (MoM) with ~4.7-5.1k Life & 1800-2700 Mana). Instant leech. 83% Max Res. Ailment Immune. Curse Immune. Cannot be stunned (while using Cyclone). 33% Attack Avoidance.
Relies on 100% flask uptime for survival which is possible with Pathfinder's Master Surgeon "Gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike".
May commit suicide, but this is preventable.

Single Target:
Has killed Pheonix with 100% more monster life twice deathless. Boss was killed in what felt like a reasonable time on both occasions.
Boss DPS hasn't been calculated, but I may try in the future.

Path of Building Code
Guide to using PoB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLpKZVNTOo8
PoB Code: https://pastebin.com/6N7ZuD5w
PoB Code for theorycrafting (has more items, trees, gems, etc): https://pastebin.com/CmFyKQ5W
Select the appropriate tree and item set

Based on my character "BOTCASH"

Notes From PoB
Note: This guide does not cover all possible ways to play Scold's Cast on Attack. It instead focuses on the build described in the title. But once you understand the mechanics, you'll be able to make it work in many different setups.

Build Mechanics:
Essentials Items: Scold's Bridle, Fevered Mind, Legacy Vessel of Vinktar with Instant Leech
-The build works by using Scold's Bridle to "deal you 400% of Mana Spent as Physical Damage" which triggers Cast When Damage Taken (CWDT) and any spells linked to it. The damage you take is reduced by anything that mitigates physical damage such as armour, endurance charges, pantheon, and physical damage conversion.
-Level 1 CWDT requires you to take 528 damage before it triggers, but it can only support gems level 38 and lower, and any linked spells will deal 70% less damage. It also gives any linked spells a cooldown of 250ms, which means you can only attack/cast a up to 4 times a second for maximum DPS unless you have cooldown recovery. Because of this, the mana cost must be increased to deal a reasonable amount of damage.
-To increase the mana cost, and thus the damage, 8 Fevered Mind jewels are used for a total of 800% increased Mana Cost of Skills. To increase the mana cost further, any support gems linked to the main skill used should have the highest mana multipliers possible.
-When calculating the total damage you take from Scold's, you must take in to consideration any of the previously mentioned physical damage reducers. The PoB configuration panel's "enemy physical hit damage" setting can help with calculating the effect of armour. You should also consider party play with a guardian who shares endurance charges, uses determination, and gives armour from Radiant Faith.
-The character mitigates 30% of the damage taken from Scold's by using Mind Over Matter (MoM). It then instantly leeches back any lost EHP with a legacy Vessel of Vinktar.
-To avoid frequently committing suicide in game while maintaining the benefits of MoM, your total mana must be at least 2.33 times less than your life, and no more than the previous amount plus the mana cost of the main skill you use.

Example total mana calculation:
4831 life / 2.33 = 2073 mana
2073 mana + 510 mana cost = 2583 maximum total mana

Mind Over Matter Ratios:
MoM 30% Ratio: life/mana=70/30=2.33333 | mana/life=0.42857
MoM 40% Ratio: life/mana=60/40=1.5
MoM 50% Ratio: life/mana=50/50=1

You can quickly check if your mana is too high by swapping your belt with Soul Tether to remove your Energy Shield (ES). Then put on your regular belt and use your main skill until you're out of mana. If you don't commit suicide, then you should be fine. Otherwise lower your mana until you no longer commit suicide.

How to Play:
-Only attack when you have an enemy you can leech life from or you may end up committing suicide.
-If you're using Skyforth and need to regen life, move to a safe area, then take off your boots.

Tips
Do not use Righteous Fire (RF) while clearing maps unless you're sure you can keep your EHP up with leech. I suggest using RF and Vaal RF only on bosses to avoid committing suicide.

Pantheon
Arakaali
Shakari

Leveling
This character has a tendency to commit suicide, so I recommend you level to 94 or 98 as a speed clearing Deadeye. You can find some very fast Deadeye builds in my thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115434

Gem Options
Attack (Cyclone)
Link Life Gain on Hit support and Faster Attacks. The other supports can be anything that has a mana multiplier of 140%.
Spells
You can use any spells you want, but the ones I use I think have the best combination of fun, defense, and damage for the gear I chose.
The only spells that I highly recommend you use are Arc and/or Ball Lightning so you can leech more consistently.

Gear Options
I have gone through every item more than once, and the ones I chose are the best balance of fun, EHP and damage. However, the rares could be improved with more currency spent.
I have not tested any of the new uniques since 3.3 Incursion League unless you see the build using one of them.
All of the items in the Build Mechanics section labelled "Essential Items" are required.
Body Armour: For maximum mana cost, use Ashrend. For max EHP, use Cloak of Defiance. For max power charges with Discharge, use Voll's protector with Inya's Epiphany boots.
Gloves: Kalisa's Grace Best in Slot (Bis). Use Voidbringer for max mana cost.
Boots: Skyforth is required for consistent power charge generation while mapping with Discharge and Inpulsa's. It has the downside of no life regeneration though which can cause you to commit suicide more often. For max DPS, use Mutewind. For flat lightning to spells which helps with consistent leech, use Doryani's. For max power charges with Discharge, use Inya's Epiphany Voll's protector body.
Amulet: Use Voll's Devotion for more discharge up time (requires lower level CWDT for 3 endurance charges). Use a rare amulet with life, mana, resists, crit multi, elemental penetration, non-chaos as extra chaos, etc if you don't want end charges or Discharge.
Rings: Precursors's Emblem is probably BiS if you can get one with any of these mods:
Gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike while at maximum Frenzy Charges, 10% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Hit, Gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on Hit while at maximum Frenzy Charges, 20% chance to gain a Power Charge on Critical Strike, Gain Arcane Surge on Hit with Spells while at maximum Power Charges, 15% chance that if you would gain Power Charges, you instead gain up to your maximum number of Power Charges.
Belt: If you want to use Headhunter, you need to make your CWDT 2 levels lower to take in to consideration the phys dmg reduction from 3 endurance charges. For bossing, use an Elder belt similar to the one on the build. Sustaining flasks and max life are the most important for bosses.
Flasks: You can use any instant leech Vessel of Vinktar, but added damage to spells will give the most damage and consistent leech.
Jewels: For max EHP, you can try using a Watcher's Eye jewel with (6-10)% of Damage taken from Mana before Life while affected by Clarity.

Enchants:
Boots: Cold Damage if you've been Hit Recently

Check out my other build guides
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115434
Please message me on Discord from the MF Academy instead of PMing me on the forum.
Last edited by SodaPop9 on Jul 27, 2019, 2:14:11 AM
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2019, 1:11:46 PM
is that t16 viable only with headhunter?

damn man. that is a sweet fucking pair of boots lol. this looks hilarious. i always like watching builds like this. hope you have some videos.
"
xMustard wrote:
is that t16 viable only with headhunter?

hope you have some videos.

No, and I think i'll swap the HH for a belt with reduced cooldown recovery. The HH is not required at all for this build to work.
Also, I just killed Pheonix twice deathless with double health, so it should be Shaper viable if you're careful.

The build should look very similar to this, but my build has discharge for added visual efect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dybuWILNRXU

Unfortunately my graphics card died last week, so I'm not sure if i can record acceptable footage with the spare graphics card i'm using. So i'll only be sharing screenshots for now.

I'm going to look at a few other options with the build tomorrow that someone suggested to me just now, so it might take another day for the full guide to come out. In the mean time, feel free to ask any questions you have.
Please message me on Discord from the MF Academy instead of PMing me on the forum.
Last edited by SodaPop9 on Oct 18, 2018, 2:17:39 AM
Watched him in-game kill phoenix very cool build, its def something ill be trying out :D
Last edited by Undo89 on Oct 18, 2018, 2:43:18 AM
Hey maybe im being stupid but i dont see what on this build is leagacy? most of the stuff in this build even looks pretty affordable. It looks interesting though, would love to try it. i cant wait for the full guide.
"
Sskany wrote:
Hey maybe im being stupid but i dont see what on this build is leagacy? most of the stuff in this build even looks pretty affordable. It looks interesting though, would love to try it. i cant wait for the full guide.

Double legacy Vessel of Vinktar with instant leech
Update
-Released budget league friendly build

[3.4] Scold's Last Breath Cast on Attack Cyclone Spell Nova | 35 Spells & 155 Projectiles a Second | T16 Elder Map Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2242618
Last edited by SodaPop9 on Oct 28, 2018, 6:18:24 PM
Update
-Updated PoB
-Made many small fixes and additions. None are critical.
-Added new sections:
Spoiler
Amulet: Use Voll's Devotion for more discharge up time (requires lower level CWDT for 3 endurance charges). Use a rare amulet with life, mana, resists, crit multi, elemental penetration, non-chaos as extra chaos, etc if you don't want end charges or Discharge.
Belt: If you want to use Headhunter, you need to make your CWDT 2 levels lower to take in to consideration the phys dmg reduction from 3 endurance charges. For bossing, use an Elder belt similar to the one on the build. Sustaining flasks and max life are the most important for bosses.

Enchants:
Boots: Cold Damage if you've been Hit Recently

All of the items in the Build Mechanics section labelled "Essential Items" are required.

How to Play:
-Only attack when you have an enemy you can leech life from or you may end up -committing suicide.
-If you're using Skyforth and need to regen life, move to a safe area, then take off your boots.
3.5 Update
-Works the same
-Change reworked skill gems as needed. I'm my build, I swapped out Vortex and Frost Bomb for Ice Nova and Shock Nova.
-Max resistance reduced due to flask changes, but effective elemental resistance is about the same.
-Possible higher DPS Assassin version coming eventually
-League version that uses Zerphi's Last Breath no longer works.
Last edited by SodaPop9 on Mar 14, 2019, 1:05:13 PM
No significant changes required for 3.6. The build seems to work the same.

Updated Tree (2 node changes)
https://pastebin.com/6N7ZuD5w

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info