Flares/Dynamite, Player Trade and now Update ALL Broken

I cannot get Flare or Dynamite skills to appear... I realize this has been an issue, with most players just not realizing how but that is not the case here. Additionally, bought Premium stash tab. Been 2 days of trying everything, cannot sell om trade board. Finally, just now, this tiny patch, cannot get game to update and cannot play.

Regarding flares and dynamite, I have had them bound before, accidentally removed, and have been unable to see them on skill tab since. I have tried teleporting to multiple sites in the mine, at the camp, and walking into the mine from portal at camp. I have removed all my gear and therefore skills so that only basic attack remained. I have relogged multiple times for each of this instances and waypointed back to town and back for each instance. They simply will not appear in my skill tab. I have also upgrade both. Quantity and buffs. Nothing has worked.

I play on Xbox and character name is (hidden, pm). However, since I used the same email via Steam on PC, I guess I just cannot have a forum account for my Xbox account and cannot have the accounts merged. At least this is what I was told via email, when I was also told that support cannot help directly but only thru forums. This is ridiculous. Steam had issues originally but on Xbox its like I cam missing huge aspects of the game...I have screen shots of them not being in skill tab for every scenario as well saved on Xbox and Xbox One Drive
Last edited by mcavak on Oct 18, 2018, 5:37:18 AM
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2018, 11:28:55 AM
Welp, now I just learned it every char on my Xbox account with flare/dynamite issue... I've tried literally everything, no dice. Maybe noteworthy- I mever did Niko's explosives. Threw one dynamite at what wasn't a fractured wall, then removed (I thought just) flares from my active skill wheel and poof, have not seen the skills since...

Edit 2: finally got patch... Still no response, from email to support or on here. And still broken trade and broken delve... someone please attend to these two issues, I'd like to be able to enjoy this game and actually use the thing i just exckusively spent money for; trading.
Last edited by mcavak on Oct 17, 2018, 8:04:36 PM
Don't use your Skills Tab to assign Flares and Dynamite. Instead, use the "Right Joystick" to bring up the quick-assign menu. (Push down on Right Joystick will bring up the menu. Highlight the button assignment you want to use then click A. Scroll to the desired skill and click A again to assign it. Doing this in the Delve "Mine Encampment" or anywhere in the mine will show the Flare and Dynamite options in the scrollable list. Assign them as you would assign other skills and you're good to go.)

How are you attempting to do Trade? Did you use the joystick to select the page you're placing the items in to be "Public?" If not, they won't be. Use the Custom Tab feature to name the tab, toggle it to Public and color it how you wish. If you don't get those options, then it's not a Custom Tab (not a purchased tab). I honestly can't remember if once you buy a tab from GGG if you can only use that tab to list items or can then use any/all tabs. Just try it on the tab you bought. If you can change the name and color of a tab, it's a custom tab, btw. You can't change the name of tabs on the default Stash Tab pages you get for free.

IF you don't get these options/solutions and continue to have technical issues, it's likely you'll need to do a reinstall. I don't know what's entailed in doing that, so just check to be sure you won't lose any character/account info first.
Last edited by Morkonan on Oct 17, 2018, 9:20:19 PM
You're my freaking hero. Game just crashed when I tried to do this in mine, but what you said regarding trade seems to have worked... I've read a dozen xbox posts on this and probably 2 dozen pc, and ive seen "instructions" with this set to public nonsense and never what buttons or how to actually do it, and in mashing my controller and going thru every help and info and setting in game I guess I missed it... Though, I know the in game info provided zero useful information, as always. Even the settings, all 2 tabs, are so lacking... Everything leaves you wanting more; needing, really.

Will try flare/dynamite work around when game reloads.

THANK YOU MORKONAN. 7 replies back and forth through emails, then no response in 48 hours, and waiting on this forum post, and GGG staff were of ZERO help. But, you sir, have saved and made my day. If you need any items/currencies, I will happily give you whatever, if I have it (just about to hit 60, so sure I'm lacking end game stuff, but have some 6 sockets, and chaos, vaal and couple regals even, so lmk). Thx again
You're very welcome! I'm glad you got everything working!

It's not very clear how to do all those things "in game." It's easy to skip over that little "Make page public" icon and the fact that you have to use the "quick assign" mechanics to get flares and dynamite assigned isn't obvious, so don't feel bad for not figuring all that out right away.

Anyway - Enjoy your game! Have fun! Delve deep, sell lots of stuffs and get rich! :)
Hi Mcavak!

I'm learning this game on the xbox as well if you need in game help (if I can offer any). That whole flare/dynamite thing I had to learn the hard way as well.

It's hard to fathom that there's zero publicated help for xbox game play other than the initial walkthrough.

I'm still searching the internet for buff/debuff icons and the best I've gotten so far is to try each skill one at a time and quickly go to the character tab to find out what's what. Makes no sense that there's not a simple document that can be given.

My username is my xbox tag as well if you or anyone that reads this wants to team up/trade things!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info