Lock Equipped items or Extended hotkey to equip

Hi,

Sometimes really frustrating u can unequip your items or just swap by mistake from the inventory.
For example, when u pick up a corrupted ring and just roll over with wisdom scroll a whole inventory and u swap your ring or amulet or belt.
Pretty easy to sell to the vendor by mistake.

Is there any chance to add some "Lock" button to your equipped items or just change the (A) button from any other combination? for example LS+A or whatever.

Thanks,
Snorf
Last bumped on Oct 13, 2018, 7:54:17 AM
As you can probably imagine, you are far from the first person to raise this issue - and I support your point. The greatest economic loss that I have seen claimed was a headhunter, but one can lose their minions too which I gather is quite annoying.

So what I have been wondering is, is how easy is this misstep to make on the PC (never having played on PC myself)? Is this something that PC players have just gotten used to, or is it more specific to using a controller? If the latter, then perhaps there will be some relief, some day.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
"
As you can probably imagine, you are far from the first person to raise this issue - and I support your point. The greatest economic loss that I have seen claimed was a headhunter, but one can lose their minions too which I gather is quite annoying.

So what I have been wondering is, is how easy is this misstep to make on the PC (never having played on PC myself)? Is this something that PC players have just gotten used to, or is it more specific to using a controller? If the latter, then perhaps there will be some relief, some day.

Pretty sure you need to drag and drop the item you want to equip to the correct slot to change out on PC. Which means this issue is really only Xbox related.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
"
Corrison wrote:

Pretty sure you need to drag and drop the item you want to equip to the correct slot to change out on PC. Which means this issue is really only Xbox related.

Thanks for the info. In that case, I lean toward having "equip item" using a more complex button combo - certainly not the same as "identify". It would cause some inconvenience perhaps (some extra effort), but at least in my opinion, well worth it. Not that I would object to an item lock in the alternative mind you, but a different key combo seems more likely to pass the "same as on the PC" requirement.

Edit: but not a "push stick" button combo

Last edited by AnExile_onthePath on Oct 11, 2018, 7:54:31 PM
Completely unrelated here, but i would also love to see a change made where you can only either A) Discard Div cards, or B) Trade them to "whats his/her face". I have accidentally sold them to the other "whats her face" in my hideout more than a couple of times. Luckily it has always been for something like a wisdom scroll stack or something else worthless, but ya it would suck hard if it had been for something good or potentially so. Just make it so they cant be vendored.
"
Snorf wrote:
...Pretty easy to sell to the vendor by mistake.

Is there any chance to add some "Lock" button to your equipped items or just change the (A) button from any other combination? for example LS+A or whatever...

It would be nice to have, but until then - Just make a habit of dumping everything in a stash tab after a run and then identifying it there. You can't equip an item directly from your stashtab.

Someone posted a thread just like this a week or so ago. Right after that, I almost ended up vendoring my six-link... Luckily, if you try to sell an item that has socketed gems, there's a "Hey, dumb@$%, you sure you want to sell this?" dialogue box. :) But, that's not the case with unsocketed/ungemmed items. :(
Yeah I've done this a couple times trying to identify my inventory. Only to then replace an item with stats I needed for other pieces of gear. Then I had to roll a jade amulet with more dex on it just to re equip the original item in the first place. Was kind of annoying.

"
e1337donkey wrote:
...Then I had to roll a jade amulet with more dex on it just to re equip the original item in the first place. Was kind of annoying.

Ah, the memories - I even took to carrying around said double attribute amulet just in case I fumbled something in inventory while in an instance (the Lab in particular). Good old Devoto's with both a high Dex affix and a high (for a non-Dex build) Dex requirement.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info