Fossil mod, enemies have -9 fire resistance has no effect on pob

"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
Nearby enemies have -9 to Fire Resistance and Nearby Enemies have -9 Fire Resistance are two very different things.
No they aren't. The only difference there is that the first one is the correct description used in-game, and the second is a slight typo of it (which might have existed in game at some point by mistake, but as far as I can tell, currently does not).

There is certainly no mechanical difference highlighted by the use or lack of "to" in the description.

I suspect what you're actually thinking of would be "Nearby Enemies' Fire Resistance is -9%" which would set it to a specirfic value (this modifier is hypothetical and cannot exist for technical reasons).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 4, 2018, 12:03:12 AM
I had to add the modifier as a custom one due to lacking fossil support in PoB, but the chaos one certainly works for me (I had to unequip my helmet to calculate damage from chaining effects outside of the range). I can check the wording I used to make it work the next time I'm on my PC.
Ahhh i've got it now OP was thinking it set enemy resists to -9 making it about the most OP mod of all time, at least i understand now why the issue of pen was mentioned lol
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
Nearby enemies have -9 to Fire Resistance and Nearby Enemies have -9 Fire Resistance are two very different things.
No they aren't. The only difference there is that the first one is the correct description used in-game, and the second is a slight typo of it (which might have existed in game at some point by mistake, but as far as I can tell, currently does not).

There is certainly no mechanical difference highlighted by the use or lack of "to" in the description.

I suspect what you're actually thinking of would be "Nearby Enemies' Fire Resistance is -9%" which would set it to a specirfic value (this modifier is hypothetical and cannot exist for technical reasons).

Thanks Mark. It's good you that you could clear up this confusion :)
{custom}Nearby Enemies have -9% to Chaos Resistance

Is the exact working text from the item in my PoB. I reckon this should work with Fire as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info