Policies don't make sense. Especially in this league.

Hi GGG, everyone else.

I lost an awesome rolled T12 map tonight.... that I used 2 Vaal frags on, rolled with extra stuff through the map device, and activated my lock boxes prophecy on...... gdi.

I was in, and got disconnected, about halfway through the map. Within 15 seconds, I was back in game. The portals were gone. I have seen this before, but it was ultra rare. But this has happened to me 3 times this league, not to mention delve has outright just not registered events ending. I will give you guys 2. 3 times the charm.

To add insult to injury, I also lost the experience gained. I think I got killed, I don't know for sure, but I thought I was at 45%. The items I picked up were gone. I lost roughly 20 chaos in total. Running a map for sulphite. Because GGG wants us to run maps, so we can delve, so we can have fun. If delve crashes it sucks, but your not really losing out.

Support just exists to tell you to verify the files. Anything else must be above their pay-grade. The exact phrase:

"
"I'm sorry to hear that this has happened. Unfortunately I'm afraid we are not able to restore characters or items to players under any circumstances for a variety of reasons. I understand how frustrating it can be to lose items or progression to situations beyond your control such as this, and I apologise for not being able to assist you with this request."

Take a look at "apologise". GJ GGG, spell check is free, btw. For Christ sake guys. About as useful as tits on a bull.
I asked why the policy was in effect. I have not received a response. I understand people may try to abuse this. You can ban, suspend, whatever. Having a policy this strict.... for something so easily remedied..... In extreme cases there should be some sort of, well, exception. There will always be extreme cases, and blanket policies are often a blunt tool.

It's a "copy paste" response, really. I would have been pacified if at least the response felt genuine. I literally believe they have that in their clipboard, or in notepad. It's a cop out. I They could have given me 50 cents in micro points, and I would have said thank you. It is the thought that counts, afterall.

I am weary of doing red maps now. Why the f*ck wouldn't I be? The high end map drops are so rare, and they are probably worth more to just sell. If I try to run one the game is just going to fuck up, and erase it from my character.

If GGG is paying any attention, they should be able to look at an account, see the transgression, and remedy it quickly. What is GGG out of if they provide limited support(well, support is pretty limited, but in a different way.) I assume, at this point, they have no idea what we are actually doing. This also must be why botting is so prevalent now.

I know in the past patches, and new content, there would be bugs. That's okay, because we love(d) you GGG. You always made things right, and quickly, but this has been happening since Delve hit live. What's going on? What has happened to you? GGG, are you okay? I think we need to talk.
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2018, 7:19:35 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Small nitpick...

Apologise is actually correct spelling in British English, just not in American
One of the best policies i ve seen in 10 years of playing online rpg games.
Once you interfere with ingame items you get your hands dirty and you cant predict how players will tell a tale about your help.
+ if you help even one of these players others will start to complain about their lost stuff.
I am really glad GGG handles these sort of things professionally by standing outside of the game.
About your lose, i ve lost tons of stuff to server dcs but nothing in game value is worth worrying.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
You are not an exception to the policy, you are not special and will not receive corresponding special treatment.

ANY reason means just that no matter if it is your end or theirs
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Yeah the policy is fine and so is the spelling
Makes perfect sense to me. Maybe you need your sense fixed.
How long have you been playing games? What kind of precedent have you observed to make you think this policy is any different in ANY persistent online game?

You want to destroy a working FTP model? Make GGG have to hire a stable of staff members to address every perceived slight in the game due to a lost connection or server burp - there would be so many!

This is akin to the inevitable posts on subscription-based MMOs where the patch takes an extra 4 hours and people are posting that they need a refund of the prorated loss in playtime. Shit, there has even been people in here posting that there needs to be some sort of payout for lost playtime due to long patches or instability. Ridiculous.
there has been a incentive to crash instances already: to reroll failed crafting efforts. people massively abused it to no end to gain a advantage until ggg stopped it.

the threat to get a ban doesn't work in a free to play game, at least not for non-supporters.

even if they could, i don't think that ggg would repeat that mistake.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
How long have you been playing games? What kind of precedent have you observed to make you think this policy is any different in ANY persistent online game?

Apparently FAR more than you. Seems you've been stuck playing only PoE for years and just assume everything else is like it.

PoE's closest counterpart (in terms of model & success) has the OPPOSITE policy there.

Yes, if a crash eats your instance in Warframe, support -will- actually grant you any important loot you may have lost out on. They actually even went as far as building in a system to automatically detect these issues and return lost items to players, that covers around 90% of these cases.

"
geradon wrote:
even if they could, i don't think that ggg would repeat that mistake.

No, they just need to learn to be better game designers than 99% of their players, rather than maybe only 2/3 of their playerbase. There's countless ways they could implement it in an abuse-proof manner.

If 17 years ago, Mr. Resetti can detect whether you've actually powered down correctly (on a Gamecube that doesn't have any storage of its own) then GGG can figure out a way to detect crashed instances and respond to them.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
If there were 'orb of disconnection' in game I would use one on unique map. Then after disconnecting as usual amid your once in a lifetime map, you'd get it back from map device intact.

I mean, like, really.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info