Your YouTube account is worse than any other I have ever seen - by far!

Personally I would rather GGG focus on making a great game, and not try to make it in the internet entertainment business.

Of course, I'm not saying they can't try to do both at the same time. But I would most likely still prefer watching videos made by those who do it as their actual full-time job, and have all the required equipment/skills/knowledge.

(Of course, hiring someone who has already proven themselves to be capable would be another option. But the present community would literally explode if GGG was to do something like that.)
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Sep 25, 2018, 11:34:31 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I expected this sort of untenable balderdash from the likes of suszterpatt, not you.

The numbers kinda speak for themselves: this is the first league to not peak even CLOSE to 100k simultaneous players. (And since simultaneous play is a time-related stat, yes, it's a good stand-in for playtime, since we can safely assume that this "players online" number isn't randomly spiking up and down invisibly in intervals in the seconds)

https://steamcharts.com/app/238960

Prior testing (when it was available through PathofStats) showed that Steam accounts for at least 75% of players of the game, at least during the earlier leagues of 3.x. (The Steam client may be of low popularity for those here since the Alpha or Beta, but it's probably near-universal for newer players)

And yes, I'm aware that the figures there "blur" further back, showing only RELEASE WEEK AVERAGES. Going on that, we can adjust and find that the "weekly average peak" for Delve's launch was... 38,379. To find a league with that anemic a launch crowd, I'd have to go back to... Essence League.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
I don't bother subscribing to their Youtube channel because pretty much anything that's actually going to be relevant is going to come from the News page on this site. And maybe some fun extra stuff on Reddit.

If Youtube is their repository for MTX vids then so be it. They don't need a big YT presence because they haven't set themselves up for it and aren't focusing on it. Could they do more with it? Of course. Should they? Eh, it's up to them and I don't care either way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info