Sulphite rebalance didn't really DO anything for most players. It nerfed quarry farmers for those who were doing that, and kept costs down for players delving at depths higher than 1000. For everybody else, the numbers changed, but the song remains the same.

I'd like to delve, since, you know, this is what we were told was the thing that was supposed to keep the league fresh for longer / give us something to do after we "finished" the normal game (which for me is usually killing uber elder).

But I can't delve. First I have to farm ~15 elder haunted mansions for sulphite. But I can't do that either, because first I have to do player interaction to get chisels, sextants, and *shudder* fragments.

Just... nah. Think I'll go play a game that allows you to just play.
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2018, 5:20:40 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'm getting sulfite just fine by running random red layouts though. Nobody's forcing you to run "15 elder haunted mansions".
"
I'm getting sulfite just fine by running random red layouts though. Nobody's forcing you to run "15 elder haunted mansions".

Yes, I"m aware that I get to choose which maps I farm. What I don't get to do is delve.

We were expressly told that delve was supposed to breathe new life into the end game, so that we would have a reason to keep playing the league for longer. Instead it forces you to grind the same old endgame we always do. I can only take so much of that.
"
Sulphite rebalance didn't really DO anything for most players.

But it did. It effectively nerfed gains from maps on low-to-mid depths.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
Goodbye, see you next league ?
Although, the next league endgame will be about .. what it has always been about imho : mapping.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 24, 2018, 10:19:42 PM
"
Just... nah. Think I'll go play a game that allows you to just play.

Already doing this.
don't worry. As soon as they add it to the core game , they will add sulphite to the real money store and you can buy as much as you want. You guys obviously have never played a Chinese run game before.
"
Fruz wrote:
Although, the next league endgame will be about .. what it has always been about imho : mapping.

Yeah, I'm not quitting the game, so you might. But the promise of an extended endgame goes unfulfilled. It is right there within reach, but it is artificially roadblocked behind a garbage old-content grind. That's pretty frustrating.
"
"
Fruz wrote:

Yeah, I'm not quitting the game, so you might. But the promise of an extended endgame goes unfulfilled. It is right there within reach, but it is artificially roadblocked behind a garbage old-content grind. That's pretty frustrating.

GGG messed up with their announcement, they clearly did.
Lots of people got disappointed.

I don't know if that announcement was a success regarding sales and player retention though, would it have been better with a more honest pre-Delve communication ? Not sure ...
Still, feeling cheated is a legit reaction now imho.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 25, 2018, 10:03:47 PM
Yeah, Delve more or less certainly was GGG's biggest flop in terms of a mismatch between "what their communications hyped up" and "what was delivered.

This is different from merely UNPOPULAR content (like Labyrinth or Bestiary) where it was merely a difference in taste that made them undesirable.

In this case, it does seem that there's a STRONG consensus that Delve is LIKED as a form of content, but that in terms of accessibility, it's been utterly underwhelming for an "endgame alternative."

As instead of an alternative to mapping (which Uber Lab offers) we have something that amounts to a 5-to-10-minute bonus room you can access every few hours while mapping.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info