Technical Question- Port Fowarding, XBoxOne & PoE Requirements

These are the port-forwarding requirements for XBox One for those not using UPnP Router capabilities, but preferring to forward ports instead of allowing UPNP discovery services, which sometimes presents security issues for other devices:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

"
Ports required to use Xbox Live

These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:

Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 500 (UDP)
Port 3544 (UDP)
Port 4500 (UDP)

Note Some game developers require you to open additional ports. You should always check the game developer's website to see if the game you're playing needs additional ports to work. We've gathered some ports you might need and have added them to the Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming forum.

Question:Does PoE require any other additional ports forwarded/open for best game functionality?

(I am tired of losing Atlas maps to crashes and have decided to use "Wrath of Brute Force Hammer" approaches which includes chaining up my XBox and limiting issues one by one, including services and port issues that could conceivably touch on this problem.)

PS - I want a direct answer or a specific, GGG-confirmed link, please. :) Not "Serch "Micro$oft XBoneOne Multiplayar Forumz" for potentially outdated and wrong answers that have never been confirmed to actually help anyone." ;)

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Morkonan on Sep 23, 2018, 3:53:51 PM
Last bumped on Sep 24, 2018, 11:54:40 PM
I have found it easier to set a static IP on my Xbox and set it to a DMZ through the router. I have never had any issues with this since Xbox 360 for any game.

I will say that PoE still has constant lag spikes which is 100% unavoidable no matter your configuration.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
"
Corrison wrote:
I have found it easier to set a static IP on my Xbox and set it to a DMZ through the router. I have never had any issues with this since Xbox 360 for any game.

I will say that PoE still has constant lag spikes which is 100% unavoidable no matter your configuration.

Agreed. But, DMZ'ing it is like hitting troubleshooting with a hammer. :)

For instance, I'm trying some methods now and, so far, I've only had one crash. BUT, this is not the weekend... I'll experiment then, too, to see if certain settings help. If so, while it may only be my config, I'll be happy to report any successes.

Just need a confirmation on what additional ports, if any, GGG needs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info