Why people hate Vorici..

Obvious: His missions fail. Players don't like failing. None of the others have nearly as high of a failure rate. He also charges a buttload of currency for his services.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Sep 21, 2018, 7:07:40 PM
"
DoubleU wrote:
The "open the chest" mission is stupid.
I keep pulling my weapon out of the target's chest and then go awww fcuk.

ZING!
I do summoners a lot and he is sometimes frustrating as some of the missions (even with gimped up minions) are impossible. Still it is a free exile to kill so even if you fail it is good!
Censored.
"
Mythabril wrote:
They hate him because they are unable to adjust their tactics to fit the mission. Be it either because they are unable, unwilling or plain too stupid.

Game design that punishes me for wanting to use a skill is bad game design. So yea, I'm 'lazy' because I don't feel like TP'n to my hideout to change my skill because toxic rain will kill everything and fail the mission.
I learned a loooooooong ago to switch to default attack for the keep asshole on low life for 8 seconds.

I log when I get the open chest mission. The AI is too dumb to usually complete the mission in a reasonable amount of time.
I love Vorici.
Especially that his missions are easy to fail. This game is so 99% pure thoughtless killing stuff that it's refreshing to have something that requires to think a bit before hacking stuff to pieces.

As for the no reward... getting him to level 7 and having the fusing discount once a day is a good reward in my book.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I think the 'keep target on low life' mission should just be gotten rid of. The game has changed so much that this is the new 'don't kill any guards' mission.

Also, the totem prick shouldn't be able to spawn in box opening missions. Completing that mission is not worth the headache, unless it's a t15 map with extra exp prophecy...
"
Mythabril wrote:
They hate him because they are unable to adjust their tactics to fit the mission. Be it either because they are unable, unwilling or plain too stupid.

Most of his missions are an absolute PITA for summoners. You can't exactly unsummon high level spectres just for him.
"
ghoost91 wrote:

They call him a noob assassin...

First I've heard of it. Who is "they"?

"
Bleu42 wrote:

Game design that punishes me for wanting to use a skill is bad game design. So yea, I'm 'lazy' because I don't feel like TP'n to my hideout to change my skill because toxic rain will kill everything and fail the mission.

THIS is why people hate him. Not sure why OP thinks there's a mystery to solve or thread to start asking why.

Being penalized for using skill A instead of skill B, or for having high dps is absurd. GGG needs to wake up and change it.
Six years later they think this is hunky dory /shrug
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 22, 2018, 7:28:08 PM
"
Mythabril wrote:

Or playing summoner. -_- Vorici quests are just dumb and not fun. I don't even understand why are you trying to defend them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info