Darkness damage

Suggestion: Change it from % HP to a set number per tick.

Reason - there are darkness runner builds with <10 hp <10 es farming in the darkness due to degen being % based. (high block/dodge/evasion)

Personally I find this ridiculous. It should not be that easy to farm delve and I don't think darkness was designed with the idea to be bypassed that easily.
Last edited by lolerman on Sep 21, 2018, 10:22:29 AM
Last bumped on Sep 21, 2018, 6:18:55 PM
"
lolerman wrote:

Reason - there are darkness runner builds with <10 hp <10 es farming in the darkness due to degen being % based. (high block/dodge/evasion)

Personally I find this ridiculous. It should not be that easy to farm delve and I don't think darkness was designed with the idea to be bypassed that easily.

Remember that these builds are incapable of doing anything else, and will be "one-shot" by an evil eye. I don't think it's ridiculous. I like the idea of specialized builds for certain tasks. If you build a character around beating the Minotaur, it will be easy as hell. The same if you build around beating the Hydra. If you build a maze-runner, the lab will also be a walk in the park.

Why should the mine be any different?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Because it becomes a 'no entry cost' content.

You don't need sulphite to run in the darkness.
You don't need to kill mobs to open chests.
You don't need to pay for a map/offering to enter.

You just run with tons of ms/phase on a not-that expensive build and collect rewards all the time.

Doesn't seem balanced to me.

Also the whole point of darkness was to be scary and unavoidable block that you can't bypass right? I think the fact they made it % based was underthinking on their side. It was not meant to be avoided.
Last edited by lolerman on Sep 21, 2018, 10:40:15 AM
Before someone compares it to traps in the lab - traps were meant to slow you down, not stop you completely.
"
lolerman wrote:
Because it becomes a 'no entry cost' content.

You know you can't run forever, right? You still need to activate new checkpoints to be able to go further? And that you have to fight? And you know that costs sulphite? Yes? No? Ok, now you do.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Sep 21, 2018, 10:40:17 AM
OK, it might not be infinite, but by default you get a straight line opened only as you level up, and you have the maze that you've already cleared with previous toons that can span hundreds of nodes. You don't need to open new checkpoints with the runner toon. (delve now being account based)
Last edited by lolerman on Sep 21, 2018, 10:43:21 AM
"
lolerman wrote:
OK, it might not be infinite, but by default you get a straight line opened only as you level up, and you have the maze that you've already cleared with previous toons that can span hundreds of nodes. You don't need to open new checkpoints with the runner toon. (delve now being account based)

But you can only search a certain distance from any cleared checkpoint. And a checkpoint has its entry cost no matter what character activating it.

In my mind, if you go through the "troubles" of leveling a character that will be useless for everything else than running in the darkness, it's OK.
They could make darkness damage 1 per stack plus the percentage base. That would eliminate those shenanigans. If this is even deemed a problem of significant enough proportion to do anything about it.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Let be, exploits are meant to be exploited. Working as designed right GGG.

Edit: just voicing for those that do darkness runs because I don’t/build can’t
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Sep 21, 2018, 11:12:48 AM
"
lolerman wrote:

No!

Stop asking for nerfs, you noobs. If you´re jealous, make yourself a build like it. No, I don´t have one and don´t want one, because if I did, I would.

What´s wrong with you people asking for nerfs aaaaaall the time?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info