Market rigging/fake prices

Sadly this happens very regularly. Somebody buy a load of valuable items, and then list them for way under market value, hoping new players will just see the top of the list when setting their price, and therefore grossly undervaluing it.

Just sold a Kaom's Heart card for the proper price (not to a scammer as far as I know), and checked the listed prices. Sure enough, a heap of cards listed for 30-40% under market value.

I can't name since the scammers get protected, but do a basic search and you see it.

Watch out newbies.

Use the official trade and put the seller on ignore. It's a great feature and will help protect people both now and in the future. If a person does this with one item, they'll probably do with others too. So have no qualms, but the buggers on the ignore list.
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Sep 21, 2018, 9:20:24 AM
Last bumped on Sep 21, 2018, 10:44:34 AM
You are right, there those people trying to snipe items by showing wrong costs and hope new players will sell their items cheap so they can buy and sell it again for profit.
I had one of them two days ago, when I was looking for a minion dmg helmet with +2, resi and life. I could not believe when PoE trade offered me one for just 10C with really good stats, so i tried to buy it.
Hey you I´d like to.....
no answer
Hey if you are in delve, i would wait, no problem, this helmet is worth my time
no answer
hey to you want to sell it?
no answer, but no dnd or afk, the player was online
I got angry, but had to stay polite to hope to get my item.
Hey do you want to trade?
no answer
I actually spammed then the hey i would like to buy... for quite a while, but no answer

Dude, i can´t tell your name here, but wtf are you doing, stupid try to scam by sniping from others. Hate those losers, hope he dies everytime he will enter the lab in future, until he gives me the helmet.
I put a spell on you, you are cursed from now to forever.
Dude... this week we're complaining about other stuff. This was last month's topic. Give it another couple weeks.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Dude... this week we're complaining about other stuff. This was last month's topic. Give it another couple weeks.

GGG don't read their own forum anyway :P
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

GGG don't read their own forum anyway :P

Only the GGG forum etiquette police are here.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
There is a very easy way to check if you made the wrong offer - how many people whisper you in the first minute? Nobody or a bunch? If a bunch then you definitely put the wrong price.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info