Sufite changes (MASSIVE nerf): IE why I will never buy another supporter pack again

Before we get started, yes I know this is a game, but holy shit am I furious. This new patch, yes even the "fix", has made things so much much worse. I am only at depth ~130 and a short devle are costing me nearly half my max sulfite... HALF OF IT. What before meant I could devle for a few mins and have fun, now is literally over in 1-2 delves (remember half was the shortest length so anything longer... GG)

What pisses me off is I have spent over a hundred (yes I know stupid) because I actually enjoy playing this game, but all it seems like is that GGG is interested in balancing the game around people who play 12 hours a day. I work full time, I can't do that. The max I can play is 2-3 hours a day. I don't have hundered of chaos lying around to sustain T16 maps, I need it to improve my gear. This completely ruins the game for me and am EXTREMELY regretting buying the supporter pack
Last edited by matto77 on Sep 21, 2018, 4:17:10 AM
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2018, 9:32:52 PM
Same here. Access to higher tier maps i just stupid, as it is. Almost feels like they want you to RMT maps from Perandus.

You get way more sulphite now, delving costs more too. The effect is that you no longer delve 6-7 times per "run" before getting sulphite again, now you're doing 2-3. You also get sulphite back 3x as fast in maps and you'll be back to delving again.

Nothing really changed, other than more focus on mapping, which IS Path of Exile's end-game, you know. Delve is a LEAGUE, not a core game mechanic. It's not meant to replace mapping at all.

Try to see the bigger picture here.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 21, 2018, 4:31:41 AM
i feel you. i may play 10+ hours a day, but i'm playing to have fun, test out new build ideas, and enjoy new content. thousands and thousands of hours played, but no interest in grinding like mad for races, challenges, or atlas.

i've spent over 500 on this game, i'm a bit bitter. but only a bit. sure it used to be a different game, it seemed like it was going to go in a different direction than it did. but that's okay, i payed to play the game i loved, and that game doesn't exist anymore.

and yes, i've stopped giving them money.

but i'll give them more if they implement content that i really enjoy, and don't destroy it after three weeks, and merge it fully into core, and manage to still not nerf it for a while so i can feel generally safe about being able to continually enjoy it. or if they implement some wonderful feature i've been dying for. or if they implement payed custom leagues (not some temp void league where you can pick from the mod/league list, but perm servers with full customization) so i can play the poe i love instead of something i poke at every now and then between other games while i wait for the next great arpg.
If you think about it: You can really tell GGG did a good job with the delve, people fucking love it and cant get enough of it.

It's hilarious, it's like everyone is back to being 12, FRUSTRATED that they cannot have another delicious lollipop because their mother would only give them one a day.

The fact that people just cannot accept that delve was designed to be a reward for collecting sulphite in maps is really hilarious, if you ask me.
And I bet you 90% of the people complaining would be bored of delving if they got to do it unlimited.
"
Player089 wrote:
If you think about it: You can really tell GGG did a good job with the delve, people fucking love it and cant get enough of it.

It's hilarious, it's like everyone is back to being 12, FRUSTRATED that they cannot have another delicious lollipop because their mother would only give them one a day.

The fact that people just cannot accept that delve was designed to be a reward for collecting sulphite in maps is really hilarious, if you ask me.
And I bet you 90% of the people complaining would be bored of delving if they got to do it unlimited.

It wouldn't even be a day before people call it a dead league and another failure from GGG. You just can't please some people.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
You get way more sulphite now, delving costs more too. The effect is that you no longer delve 6-7 times per "run" before getting sulphite again, now you're doing 2-3. You also get sulphite back 3x as fast in maps and you'll be back to delving again.

Nothing really changed, other than more focus on mapping, which IS Path of Exile's end-game, you know. Delve is a LEAGUE, not a core game mechanic. It's not meant to replace mapping at all.

Try to see the bigger picture here.

You get 2x more sulfite and spend 6x more. It IS a change.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
While the updated patch makes things slightly and I mean barely above palatable, it's still by no means good. I bought a couple packs and upgrades after the first week as I was certainly enjoying 3.4 but now I have major buyers remorse. I had planned on really sinking some time into playing this league for a change and as it stands now I won't be. Unless they revamp how they "balance" things from here on out, my wallet is closed.
"
Player089 wrote:

I think you are missing the point of the complaints. The patch (even with the adjustments) was a straight up nerf to map -> delve ratio. That means that the patch, that was meant to take out quarry as a way to fuel delve and reward hard maps for delving straight up destroyed quarry, but also nerfed delve uptime for those of us that already farmed maps.

I've not played with it too much yet but it feels like a nerf why do I think that?

Because quantity now effects delves but my ratio of maps/delve is fairly similar so what I previously could have gotten from an unmodded map i'm now getting from a corrupted 8mod.

This doesn't feel like a buff i'm taking risks running harder content there should be a reward for that cause it sure as shit isn't map drops right now i've not even made it to T15 ffs, nor am I that low in delve only 210 i think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info