to those who are complaining about sulphite changes my message

"
Phaeded wrote:
"
Septile wrote:
I suspect people who can't sustain high tier maps just don't have a clue how the map system works.

I think there is also some fear of "wasting" currency on maps. I used to be of that mindset. If I spent an alch or a chisel on a map and didn't immediately make it back I thought I just wasted that currency. It took awhile for me to realize that it ends up paying off in the end.

paying back how? i would like some examples
sell all those maps u don't want to run and u will have lots of alchemy orbs
"
mooieshi wrote:

do you portal out for every map trade or people are ready to map trade after you complete the map?
"
dvasan wrote:
"
Phaeded wrote:
"
Septile wrote:
I suspect people who can't sustain high tier maps just don't have a clue how the map system works.

I think there is also some fear of "wasting" currency on maps. I used to be of that mindset. If I spent an alch or a chisel on a map and didn't immediately make it back I thought I just wasted that currency. It took awhile for me to realize that it ends up paying off in the end.

paying back how? i would like some examples

Well, simply put, if you spend some currency rolling maps for higher IIQ/IIR then you end up making back the currency you spent by getting items to trade, maps, and more currency. You won't see the payoff on just a couple or even a few maps. But if you commit to it over the longer course you more than make back the currency you invest. I think all veteran players would agree with that. You hit bad runs and good runs and in the end it's a net gain, usually a significant net gain. That has been my experience 100% of the time. Some leagues it takes a bit longer to get going but it always pays off for me.

I also do the chaos recipe obsessively early in the league. If the base isn't something I can use or a what I consider a high value base I never ID it. By the time I get near red maps I've usually got enough chaos from the recipe and maybe a few player sales to start using the Zana mods (Fortune Favors the Brave is my default) without going completely broke.

Again, probably not the most efficient or the smartest, nor the fastest, but it has worked for me for several leagues. It wasn't until I started spending currency on rolling maps that I started really making currency.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
Septile wrote:
I play SSF and I can sustain t16s easily.

No, you can't you can sustain t15 easily and play t16 around 50%? 75%? something like that.
It matters because the sulphite difference between t15 and t16 is huge (26%)
"

Zana mods, vaaling. Vaaling has 3 different outcomes that are beneficial for map sustain: Turns the map into an unided map which gives a major boost to quantity, turns it into an 8 mod map which is a big boost to pack size and quantity, and simply ups the map tier by 1 which can be better for sustaining higher tier maps.

Vaaling t16 has 1 good outcome (8 mods) assuming you still can do the map, 1 bad outcome (nothing) and 1 indifferent outcome (unid). Did you know running a zana mod is better than an Unid? Now you know....

"
dvasan wrote:
"
mooieshi wrote:

do you portal out for every map trade or people are ready to map trade after you complete the map?

Maps sell really fast early in the league,like 1-5 mins after u list it, it become less profitable and less demand later, i am not sure how fast they sell now because i stopped selling them.
Last edited by mooieshi on Sep 20, 2018, 11:38:02 PM
"
dvasan wrote:
hi there are 2 types of people

1. "i can sustain t16"
2. "16 map is not droppin back"

if you are 1. stay happy
if you are 2. ask the 1. people who they sustain t16 (and making profit without wasting money)

we are just lacking knowledge because people dont share much wisdom and smart people are staying silent.

Maybe people don't even wanna play t15/t16 maps. This game is different for everyone who's playing it. In my case, this time i shaped my atlas around buriels, because one of my goals in this game is to get a HH for once (one of the last thing i wanna aquire in this game).

You are just assuming your goals are everyone elses..In fact it's just whats important to you. What makes you think it automatically applies to every other player in this game?

I dont mind that in lower level maps a lower amount of sulphite can be aquired really. I just think its retarded they quadrupled the amount of sulphite cost traveling from one node to another in the mine. I have tons of red maps, i can run them without problem i just dont want to. Now i am forced if i want to progress in the mine. No thank you. It is league content that should be accessible easily and not gated behind even more retarded grinding. You know they ruined the league but white knighting it. Basicly everyone knows by now the league is ruined and even the guys at GGG know by now they f... up. So i guess you pretty much alone with your opinion.
Last edited by RaZeR1976 on Sep 20, 2018, 11:45:48 PM
"
DasName wrote:
"
Septile wrote:
I play SSF and I can sustain t16s easily.

No, you can't you can sustain t15 easily and play t16 around 50%? 75%? something like that.
It matters because the sulphite difference between t15 and t16 is huge (26%)
"

Zana mods, vaaling. Vaaling has 3 different outcomes that are beneficial for map sustain: Turns the map into an unided map which gives a major boost to quantity, turns it into an 8 mod map which is a big boost to pack size and quantity, and simply ups the map tier by 1 which can be better for sustaining higher tier maps.

Vaaling t16 has 1 good outcome (8 mods) assuming you still can do the map, 1 bad outcome (nothing) and 1 indifferent outcome (unid). Did you know running a zana mod is better than an Unid? Now you know....

I like how you have a better idea of my gameplay experience than I do. I told you I easily sustain t16 maps because I do. You thinking otherwise doesn't change my game.
The fact that you call unid an indifferent outcome tells me that you either don't know how numbers work or you're too jaded for reason. You can still use Zana mods on unided maps.
"
dvasan wrote:
hi there are 2 types of people

1. "i can sustain t16"
2. "16 map is not droppin back"

if you are 1. stay happy
if you are 2. ask the 1. people who they sustain t16 (and making profit without wasting money)

we are just lacking knowledge because people dont share much wisdom and smart people are staying silent.

It is easy (technically) to sustain T15 and T16 maps.
You only have to roll red map at 130% quantity.

The problem most casual people have is that:

1-You may need 10 or more chaos orb to roll the map correctly. Sometime I even end up with 30% alching a white map, which can be done EASYLY with a transmute and a few alteration orb.
2-You may get an impossible mod for your build. Example: reflect on your specific damage maker (elem reflect on elem dps, or physical on physic build).
3-Vaal orb hide the mod, which make it easy to one-shot yourself (by enabling RF or attacking a 30+% reflect pack).

Plus:
Not everyone get a very lucky drop that's worth a few exalt (to get chaos orb to roll map).
Not everyone have a Guild behind them to rush high level.
Not everyone received mirror as a gift!

Let me use the "Shaped yellow map" at 6 chaos... free of charge! And i'll be able to sustain "red" map without any trouble. But I know I can't cause there's no way i'll get 6 ring, 3 amulet, 3 belt and the rest every single map i'm doing.

It's not hard to sustain red map. It's just simply impossible if there's no one helping you.
"
Septile wrote:

You can still use Zana mods on unided maps.

Sure, if you find 3/4 vaal orbs for every map you don't roll with 8 mods.

But you don't in ssf.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info