A customer yesterday came in with his pc.

I just hope your customer doesn't play PUBG on top of PoE.
Hf :)
The software cannot make the gpu overheat, period.

Improper cooling can. When properly installed, ALL cpu/gpus will happily operate at 100% load forever with no problems.

If your machine is having heat problems from running path of exile, it is indicative of a deeper problem with your machine. Normally this is brought on by dust, but can also be caused by improper overclocking/insufficient cooling.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Sep 19, 2018, 6:03:53 PM
Here's what my GPU temperature hits with everything I play:

76C

PoE didn't kill their GPU. I'm wondering if you actually work with computers.
This discussion confirms my doubt. Last week my graphic card and connection between graphic card and mother board get burned down. Last thing that I was doing on my pc was playing PoE because new league started, for few hours, then i turned off my pc and next day black screen...
You would not attack person who made this discussion if something like this happened to you.
Do you know what is thermal throttling?
After reading this post i changed the Sum Shadow Quality from high to low and my temps lowered almost 10ºC.

Using a GTX 970.

I have no temp issues but the game loves to have 0fps drops now and then, no throttling nor ping spikes.
"
tramshed wrote:
The software cannot make the gpu overheat, period.

Improper cooling can. When properly installed, ALL cpu/gpus will happily operate at 100% load forever with no problems.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Hardware is all about probability.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I'll go one further and say it's not even worth limiting it to 60Hz. Go with 30Hz and you'll be fine.

im sure that will help the game run so much more smoother and responsive. in fact, why not cap it to 15-17 fps just for nostalgia's sake so we can get the feeling like we're playing some nintendo 64 games?
Last edited by idrankyourbeer on Sep 20, 2018, 2:27:06 AM
I have 2 PCs in different places, both behave differently.

A Graphics Workstation in my own (!) office with 2 GTX1080 and at home an OMEN hp Laptop with a GTX1060.

While the GTX1060 gets monitored via the omen control center and even in hot summer never went over 76°C (around 68-72°C now) my workstation gets very hot, even with an fps limiter. It can reach up to 90°C at which temperature additional fans kick in. The heat is enough though to use my PC as a radiator for my office.

The sun shadows and shadow quality overall seem much more demanding on both systems than the GI.

But when I compare PoE to other games, I really have to say PoE is a lot less optimised for what it does.
Last edited by IamLoco on Sep 20, 2018, 3:10:52 AM
"
Anubis2108 wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
Also, how is even remotely possible that my GTX970 with stock cooling can run with global illumination on ultra at decent frames without even going above 68 Celsius in the most demanding situations? (I own and use a lot of shiny effects etc)

You tell me?

I did like to hear what you have to say.

No, I'm afraid that's not how this works. I have nothing to prove, but could provide all evidence no problem if required. HWMonitor is up 24/7 on my PC so I know exactly what my hardware and cooling is doing.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info