A customer yesterday came in with his pc.

So, i am working in a IT store, selling, fixing pc's and other peripherals.

Ive had several customers in my shop with a graphic card burned the last week.

Geuss what i find on their PC?

Yep path of exile.

So, i geuss i should thank you.

And it is actually quite insane how hot they have become, i rarely ever see graphic cards with that many heat stains.
Last bumped on Sep 25, 2018, 7:58:38 AM
No, the game uses what you allow it to use.

If you allow it to run without restrictions (overclocking, no frame limiters and other fucked up settings) then what do you expect.

It's like having a limiter on a car accelerator, everything is fine with it, but remove it and you may be ok, until you start revving the nuts off it and the engine blows
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
One of the most poorly optimized games for sure.
The game is poorly optimized...i agree

So just used vsync and turned down shadow/lightning. And I couldn't tell the difference to be honest.

Can't complain for a free game that sucks up alot of my time
Unless you have a 120 Hz or variable sync monitor there is no reason not to limit the frame rate to 60 max. Regular monitors can't refresh any faster so since you can't see anything quicker you're just stressing your video card more than you need to.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Unless you have a 120 Hz or variable sync monitor there is no reason not to limit the frame rate to 60 max. Regular monitors can't refresh any faster so since you can't see anything quicker you're just stressing your video card more than you need to.

This is so true and yet so misunderstood.
Now you've gone and kicked the troll hive.

"Prepare to be boarded Lads!"
I'll go one further and say it's not even worth limiting it to 60Hz. Go with 30Hz and you'll be fine.
Did you also make the PC's that burned up? Cause it sounds a lot like poorly controlled overclocking or cooling from a "custom gear" shop run by amateurs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info