What xbox

Hey all. Well my laptop is about to have it's death wish. So i am looking at buying a xbox but there seems to be more then one xbox one which one do i get,
Life sucks; but damn i'm havin a ball doin it.
Last bumped on Sep 19, 2018, 3:14:15 PM
Xbox One X will run it best.
Xbox Player
In my opinion for POE you "need" either an Xbox X, or another Xbox version plus an SSD - otherwise load times will bedevil you.

I have never heard what the "s" brings to the table, perhaps Xbox S owners could elaborate.

If I was starting from scratch, and had the scratch, I would get the Xbox X (searching out a deal first).

But you really should be up on what playing POE on Xbox entails before making a platform leap.
Trade
Desync
Patch/launch generally lags PC
Keeping up with PC development seems to gobble up most of the Xbox resources

I rather enjoy playing POE on Xbox, but your own likes and dislikes will determine how you feel about it.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
well last game consol i used was a nintendo seems i can get a xbox ne cheaper on ebay then a laptop/comp.

i play ssf so i dont trade,
Life sucks; but damn i'm havin a ball doin it.
Last edited by Nuitariwolf on Sep 18, 2018, 8:37:06 PM
Hey there! AnExile_OnThePath makes some great points. Let me add on to that a bit having played the game on all three consoles, and PC.

The regular xbox will struggle quite a bit with load times, and you will very often get the dynamic scaling effect which is pretty annoying. If you choose this route and can live with the lower resolution downscaling definitely pick yourself up an SSD, as it is almost load speed comparable to the One X.

The Xbox One S has better heat dispersion, and a minor bump to performance. It's almost imperceptible in difference from the OG Xbox. Same SSD thing applies.

The One X is bar none the powerhouse of the three, boasting specs that beat the infamous PS4 Pro. The BUS speed is over 3x that of the other two models which translates into faster load times. The graphics capabilities also really help with load times, and the downscaling doesn't really happen here, but you will get some fps stutter sometimes if you got a lot of craziness going on.

The jump from PC to Xbox is a pleasant one for some, a harsh one for others. You will have less pinpoint precision with looting and movement skills, but you will enjoy a more laid back trade system with the Trade Board. Though there is still a ton of work to be done with it, we are currently hoping for an API and improved Trade Board filter functionality. There is a bit of a desync issue, especially when on Wifi, but It's never really bothered me. The dev team is usually on top of any bugs introduced with new patches and content, and is very receptive to bug reports provided that they are in the correct format.

Also, if you plan on hopping or thinking about hopping into the Xbox world, join the discord via the link in my post here in the forums, or my signature, or the reddit sidebar, or the pc discord xbox channel. Feel free to ask any questions there for a faster response time and a more in depth conversation than you will find here.

Looking forward to seeing you in Wraeclast, exile.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
Last edited by Avic_Hybana on Sep 18, 2018, 8:41:30 PM
What Xbox to buy.
Well, if you got the cash for it you go Xbox 1 X of course.
If you don´t have quite that much, go for the Xbox 1 S.

Or quite simply just wait for the big one on Sale. If you can wait a couple months, you are sure to get a bargain compared to if you go BUY IT NOW!!! instead of just wait just a little more.

Things like Cyber Monday and Black Friday is not far away.
I made a video comparing load times on an original Xbox and an X. Check it out for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoAJmMydkyU

Granted it's not loading the same areas but you get the gist.
Oh, and it slipped my mind the first time: if you are not already aware, your PC MTX (including tabs) stays in PC. You will start MTX from scratch on Xbox.

Hopefully none of this stuff will be a deal breaker for you, but if it is, better forewarned in my opinion.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info