Reliquary Keys

How about increasing xbox drop rate on keys since no one is either finding them or selling them since theres only 4 on the market and they arent worth no 7 ex right now. At least what you'll likely get from them is no where near that cost. So just go ahead and make then as common as chaos orbs 😎 okay thanks.
Last bumped on Sep 21, 2018, 1:16:44 AM
People on Xbox are beyond dumb when it comes to pricing. Sure supply and demand but htf are making a 7ex return on a key? It's nuts, the casual playerbase makes me hate this game sometimes.
Hey I'd be annoyed too if I wanted/needed a key.

But finders can ask what ever they want for their stuff.

And yes, supply and demand does enter in - as long as supply is limited, what a potential buyer might be able to earn with the item is not the final word - what matters is if there is someone willing to take a book loss because they just have to have it. As long as it is a "luxury" good, sellers can get by with irrational pricing.

Having said, that, yes, the sellers could just be clueless - or the first one was and the others are just following what little Xbox market info is available to them.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
No one are trying because they are useless.
Think i found 3 stage 5 quests in delve.
"
LucaExplo wrote:
People on Xbox are beyond dumb when it comes to pricing. Sure supply and demand but htf are making a 7ex return on a key? It's nuts, the casual playerbase makes me hate this game sometimes.

I found a key and received a headhunter about 15 minutes after this post so any other key I find has is just for fun now. I have no reason to think about purchasing keys anymore 👌
"
LucaExplo wrote:

So I checked the price of keys on PC - appears to be just under 5 ex. In light of that, I don't really see 7 ex as being outrageous for Xbox. As I said previously, not a happy price - but it does not appear to be a "dumb" price. And it is also my suspicion that the prices that we all love to carp about are set in the main by players who know exactly what they are doing.

Shit i went to bed shortly after i wrote this..
This key would be the single most overpowered item in the game by extremly far if it was as common as chaos.
Every uniq got equal chanse to drop, but ofcourse there are more of the less good one.
This item is extremly mush more valuable than exalts, exalt offers you one random stat, reliquary offers you the best and most rare uniqs.
"
LucaExplo wrote:

There are literally 4 on the market apparently and if you get a HH or a Zorphs or a few of the GG items you would make a lot more than that on it. Pricing on the XBox is definitely higher, but we also sell our stuff for a lot more a lot later in the league so more often than not it works out. Hopefully someday our community grows to the extent that we don't have that issue, but our top delver is what in the 500 range? We don't have the same depth of community and it appears our community is a bit more casual on average so we don't have the streamers filling our markets with cheaper items.
"
Viljan wrote:
Shit i went to bed shortly after i wrote this..
This key would be the single most overpowered item in the game by extremly far if it was as common as chaos.
Every uniq got equal chanse to drop, but ofcourse there are more of the less good one.
This item is extremly mush more valuable than exalts, exalt offers you one random stat, reliquary offers you the best and most rare uniqs.

I was joking about being more in common like chaos but with such a lower player count than PC, we need it to be more available than the PC version because lower player count means less keys are going to drop.
"

I was joking about being more in common like chaos but with such a lower player count than PC, we need it to be more available than the PC version because lower player count means less keys are going to drop.

I guess it depends on to whom "we" refers, but I'm not seeing how the general Xbox player population needs a higher drop rate. Less keys drop, but there are also less players in the league to use them. Now if the issue is that there are more "rich" players per capita on Xbox, and rich players are the ones using the keys, then I can see your point (but I still do not think a higher drop rate is called for). And alternatively, I also doubt that GGG will be moved by an argument regarding higher drop standard deviations on Xbox because of lower player numbers either. For the moment, they appear to be a luxury item (deliberately limited supply plus hyped demand leading to irrational pricing).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info