Bow Templar with Lightning arrow of death

Right now (beginning of Act III, cruel) my character mows down groups of mobs in 2-3 shots and has since Act II, normal. This is my current build:

I use this really crappy hat because of the 4 links for my death and destruction:

For the next 2-3 skill points I am planning on allocating several +30 dex nodes, cause my dex sucks and it is keeping me from equipping better bows for more death and improved destruction.

The question I have is this: What should be my 10-15 point long term goal? I was thinking about striking out for Resolute Techniques (8-9 points depending on path). I think it's a good idea but I was wondering if anyone has a better idea. Thanks!
Last edited by kraze_ivan on Mar 4, 2013, 4:38:08 PM
Honestly, i'd start over. The massive amount of points you spent running over to the Shadow area to pick up Arcing blows (30% more lightning damage with weapons) could have been far better spent by simply stopping in the middle section and grabbing the three 10% elemental damage with weapons - giving you the same effect (30% more lightning) AND 30% more fire and cold if you happen to have any on your items/weapons.

It'd save you a crapload of points.

You could then drop 3 more total points to grab Elementalist (10% more elemental flat), and drop the 4 points you have leading up to Body and Soul (as that isn't giving you enough Energy Shield to matter at all - and you can get the 10% elemental resists elsewhere for cheaper - same with the raft of points you spent to get to Nullification all the way over in Shadow..

you would have picked up +18% to each on your way to the 30% elemental damage in the middle anyway....

and with the 15+ points you'd save not going to into Shadow territory, you can head down to Marauder fairly cheaply (about 3 nodes, which also leads you to another 30 dex and 30 int node - and get Diamond Skin, and head down that chain for more health and health regen.

Getting to the weapon elemental nodes in the middle also sets you up to get the three .4% hp regen nodes in the middle, and you could spend one more point to get the 1% in the Templar area to have a comfortable 5% of your max HP regened every second.. which is a huge chunk of survivability (trust me, ive got it. its nuts). Drop a Rejuv totem and even with a fairly modest 1400-1600 HP, you will have 220+ HP regen per second.

....all without sacrificing ANY dps.

Last edited by DSP_Zulu on Mar 4, 2013, 6:20:50 PM
Unfortunately, I think that I agree with you... sigh. But in the long run I can really see the benefits of a newer build. This build is an exact equivalent point buy and I think it sets me up for some very obvious choices for the next couple of points (Elemental adaptation, heart of the Gladiator, 3 points away from Resolute, lots of life and regen). Let me know what you think.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBLMFWwx9EH8UTRkuJIsn7Sj6KU8yiTLROtg9D0VHRtdVxlfiXcZfqmBtZ71z4XflfLt99YKbgseC5IM4iq-LjI9GkBGboZ2AogCnCLUEuJO53cT2xp7LmM9l0NDUj9Us2t3d8-Fz6-7sOO0g7m_wH_Iv94g=

Thank you very much for your input.
Have to head out, but ill look it over later.

Dont feel bad - i was doing a bowlar as well (fire, not lightning) and got it to level 40-ish twice with borked up builds. Things dont always work out on paper like they actually play, and sometimes, you have to just bite down and start over.
It was my first real character so I don't feel bad, I did get it to lvl 49, it was a learning process. I started over, lvl 15 now, the only crappy thing is that all the gems I want to use are high level now and I don't have 15 orbs of scouring. It's one orb per level you want to downgrade correct? Oh well, maybe I'll find them again. :)
This is the build that I am now shooting for (only slightly different then the last one:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBLMFWwx9EH8UTRkuJIsn7Sj6Moky0T0PRUdG11XGV-Jdxl-qYG1nvXKpc-F35Xy7fNl99YLHgziKr4uMj0aQEZuhnYCiAKcIrKq1BLiTud3E9sWKxp7LmM9l0NDUj9Us2t3d8-Fz6-7tIO5v8B_yL_Pd94g=

If I had godly gear with lots of dex in items, I would do this build but long term I think you would be really hurting for dex for much of the game. It's nearly identical to the last one, but you gain 26% increased life but you lose 30 dex:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBLMFWwx9EH8UTRkuGjgn7Sj6Moky0UVHRtdVxlfiWfNdxl-qYG1nvXKpc-F35XzZgseDOIqvi4yPRpARkFWboZ2AogCnCKeErKq1BLiTud3AGsaey5jPZdDQ1I_VLNrd3fPhc-vu7DjtIO5v8B_yL_Pd94g=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info