Being able to logout by pressing select then Y is insane.

Among the long list of horrible button mappings, that were not able to change, being able to accidentally logout by pressing 2 buttons is going to be the one that makes me quit for good.

Last bumped on Sep 19, 2018, 8:07:59 AM
I have played a fair bit of Path of Exile on Xbox and can honestly say I have never, not even once, logged out by accident by pressing select and then Y.
its actually a great feature. never done it by mistake since there is no reason to hit the start button during gameplay. but it has saved me from certain death multiple times.
"
jay221 wrote:
its actually a great feature. never done it by mistake since there is no reason to hit the start button during gameplay. but it has saved me from certain death multiple times.

I gather then that the salvation factor is instant.

And now I understand how HC is possible on Xbox.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Hardcore is possible. Though I have only made it to 86, a sliver away from 87, I have never logged out to save a character, and I only play HC, or SSF HC. And coming from D3 where I played exclusively HC as well, I never once quit out. I also remove people off my friends list, or at a minimum do not party up with them if I ever catch them quitting out to save a HC character, garbage practice if you ask me, stick to softcore, that is what it is there for......
"

Not instant enough... especially in Delves when the darkness is overtaking you.
I've logged twice with 1/4 health, while panicking in the Delve darkness; was only saved once!
Again...why play hardcore? What is the point for those that try to log out whenever they are scared, hardcore is clearly not the mode for you.
"
R41L wrote:
"

Not instant enough... especially in Delves when the darkness is overtaking you.
I've logged twice with 1/4 health, while panicking in the Delve darkness; was only saved once!

Personally, I harbour a suspicion that your health can "desync" - that is the server may have a difference number for your health than is displayed on the screen. So sometimes, it may already be too late to take evasive action even though you may appear to be still alive.

"
Again...why play hardcore?

Well so far, my answer to that is, there is no reason in my case.

Actually, I can respect your principled stance. But it seems to me that taken to one possible logical conclusion, aren't you "forced" to play SSF only? (Otherwise you are knowingly gaining advantage from the perfidy of others either by virtue of party play or trade?) You could stick to playing with only like minded individuals of strong character, but you could never be entirely sure of avoiding the taint.

Most of my characters are HC SSF. I have only 1 standard HC player to play with a long time friend, and even there I do not trade for gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info