Some of you seem to hate maps, why?

You are talking about a single case though. The secret way to sustain mapping - run lower tiers until you have a sufficient high tier pool, then single cases where you don't get anything wont hurt as much.
"
dachoppa wrote:
the whining and entitlement in this thread is completely nuts

Welcome to the forums.

People need to understand that any end game isn't just designed to give you content, but also be a currency sink - so that the economy doesn't get more out of hand than it already does. Tying the mine to maps are GGG's way of ensuring an entry cost to the mine. It's infinite. It NEEDS an entry cost.

Maybe they should make sulphite tradable before adding it to the core game, tho. I don't think it would hurt the game. That way, if you earned a lot of currency in the mine, you could pay to keep farming it, instead of having to map. And those not linking the mine, could sell their sulphite.

I don't mind mapping personally, but choices are always a good thing, especially in RPG's.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Sep 21, 2018, 10:50:07 AM
I think GGG is trying to cater to very different groups of people. The ones who can invest a decent amount of time to the game and be widly successful (solo self sustain high tier maps), the ones who invest a decent amount of time but are frankly just bad at the game, and the ones who can't invest much time and are struggling to sustain.

It's meaningful to ask which group someone falls under.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"Hate" is strong word tho i don't like mapping in current form.
Personally i don't understand why everything must be balanced around maps. They are no longer something i would consider endgame. Even tier 16 are nothing more than a walk in a park. If something provides as much challenge as act 1 can it really be considered endgame?

However it doesn't mean i don't like mapping at all.
I do like some specific maps and this is exactly the problem.
You can't sustain one specific red tier map just by playing game. You must trade and personally i hate trading. Buy maps, sell maps, buy currency, sell currency now you can buy even more maps and currency.
It's boring to spend most of time in game doing boring things like trading or rerolling, using sextants every three maps and watching loading screen more than you should because doing all of this forces you to trade.

I just want to play this game as i used to be able to during harbinger league. I want to play one map with minimum effort of alch and go and spend hours mapping while watching netflix.
Last edited by karoollll2534 on Sep 21, 2018, 11:52:51 AM
The issue is perceived time wasted. I was up to around 230c then tried to run yellows with 100 quant to get returns and now im at 170c after a purchase and nothing of value dropped. Chisel x4 + Alc + Fragment + Chaos if i need to reroll + onslaught/bloodlines since i dont know which is actually better. Im supposed to be saving up for a new claw so maybe i can try and push higher tier stuff.

Sure this might not be typical. But for many people it IS typical.
Why aren't you vaaling tho? Chiseling is such a waste of time, only 20% quant. Vaaling can give you anywhere from 30 to 50+. Its a risk but so well worth it.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Why aren't you vaaling tho? Chiseling is such a waste of time, only 20% quant. Vaaling can give you anywhere from 30 to 50+. Its a risk but so well worth it.

vaal can give you rippy maps. If you are trying to level past 95 dying starts becoming a big deal. If you are prone to reflect you also risk bricking a map with vaal.

Chisel, atziri fragments absolutely help with sustain t14+. Unfortunately, shaper/elder are so impactful I won't expect to sustain t14+ without it. Sextant / zana mod can also help but I don't swear by them every single map b/c I am a cheap skate.

The one big plus of vaal is getting unid map to be used when you get the unid map sextant.
Sell maps with reflect, or do them with another character, or use a character who can do every map mod. This is what I say every league but some people still don't go for the vaaling. Better for me I guess, cheaper vaal orbs.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Sell maps with reflect, or do them with another character, or use a character who can do every map mod. This is what I say every league but some people still don't go for the vaaling. Better for me I guess, cheaper vaal orbs.

Of course everyone has second character geared to do 8mod T16 maps.

Of course no build diversity is allowed.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

there's lots of "right' ways to do things, if it works for you then that's good. The only real point I wanted to make is that over a very long period (say, leveling 99-100) I definitely see a significant difference for t14+ map sustain with "the little things" like chisels and atziri frag.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info