Cant apply microtransactions

Sorry guys defending developers, but in this case I have to agree that something must be done regarding this.

When you visit MTX section, you expect your bought effect will be available for you at ANY TIME when you purchase it.

There is no warning (afaik) that you will not be able to use it if skill is granted from the item and not skill gem...

Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
"
G0rr wrote:

There is no warning (afaik) that you will not be able to use it if skill is granted from the item and not skill gem...

There is
"
Replaces the standard effect on a ________ gem with a ...

But people chose to neglect it (be it either consciously or unconsciously).

Or they just didn't want to sort out the mechanics before pouring huge money down the drain.
Note that this is applicable for a "fresh purchase" of Totem (Soul Mantle) MTX\Scorching Ray MTX (Balefire sceptre) and such.

The issue with Herald of ___ MTX not applying to newest Agony\Purity IS outrageous and IS indeed a GGG's fault.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
But people chose to neglect it (be it either consciously or unconsciously).

If there are too many people neglecting it unconsciously, then there must be something wrong there.

I can bet that at least 80% buyers don't expect those MTX doesn't work with item granted skills... and I am one of them (I am here from beta btw)

There should be WARNING written on MTX page in big letters that item granted skills doesn't work with bought MTX.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
"
I can bet that at least 80% buyers don't expect those MTX doesn't work with item granted skills... and I am one of them (I am here from beta btw)

Yep. Almost definitely.

It's sad how many people just come here to play the smartass and say "woah that's so obvious, learn to read, stop crying, do a research before buying MTX's (like who the fuck would ever do that? you're just expecting things to work that you've paid money for)" and defend GGG so hard for not implementing a feature that should be in the game by default. As if they wouldn't WANT things to work out and be like "YES! Perfect! I love NOT being able to use my sick hatred MTX on that build!".
Jesus, how pretentious can people be?
::::::::▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄::::::::::::::
::::::▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌:::::::::::
:::: ▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█:::::::::
::  ▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌:::::::
::▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄:::::
"
TauOrigin wrote:
"

Backtracking to imgur on this one, uploaded 35ish minutes ago?

How old is the message itself though?

This response is received today.
Stop trolling stupidity. Thank you.

Not trolling, it was a genuine question because you did not put any sort of date indicator in and such information is relevant since a company's policy on refunds can change.
This thread perfectly encapsulates how obtuse and borderline delusional the people on these boards can be.
"
TauOrigin wrote:

Now you create items that include this skill. But there is no way to use this mtx.
Is this really a problem on my side?

Sounds like it is actually exactly your problem, and only your problem since you already paid for it years ago.

Also, calling anyone who disagrees with you a 'crazy fan' isn't exactly helping your case or accomplishing anything other than making you look juvenile.

"
TauOrigin wrote:
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

You can ask GGG for a refund.

No, we can't.

No shit you cant get a refund on an mtx you purchased, by your own account, 'one billion years ago', lol.

Imagine actually getting this mad about something like this.
Last edited by InventorOfTrees on Sep 18, 2018, 8:10:34 PM
"

With the car example the key word was "engine" but this time it is now "gem." Considering I have used these forums fairly well, I know I can typically find more information on Reddit, in some FAQs, on the wiki, and so on. Searching Google for "path of exile mtx gem" (because it's clearly about a path of exile MTX and the key word is gem) comes up with some useless pages, but one early on stands out: "MTX should work on skill gems built into items : pathofexile - Reddit."

The title suggests MTX will not work on items that provide a skill, so I click the link and look at the content to ensure that hypothesis is correct. Sure enough, the meaningful information is: "I have Dark Pact totems, I have the Ziggurat totem MTX, and I can't use them together because the spell totem gem is built into my Soul Mantle."

Okay, that's only one post though, but I can refine my search. I now search for "path of exile mtx gem built in item" and get that link very top of the page, but then the second and third links also come up with the same complaint. The second link is https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1925100/page/2 so let's see what's on the first page: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1925100/page/1

First post is "We still can't apply totem MTX on Soul mantle (build in spell totem).
Any method to solve this?" followed by Hartlin_GGG directly saying "This is unfortunately not something that is possible. Sorry!"

Conclusion: When the description says "gem" it literally means from the gem and no other source, and items are another source for a skill. MTX do not work on item-given skills.

We all do online research before buying something. and the more valuable the item is (e.g. a car) the more research we will do.
But in my view, if I need to do extensive research and digging around 3rd-party websites, for a cheaply priced item like this Shaper Beam effect, it kind of shows how untrustworthy the vendor of the item is, in direct proportion to just how much external research I did.

major online vendors like Amazon and certainly sites who specialize in low-price items like Alibaba, pride themselves in giving you all the information you need right there on the page, and even links to related articles/items and user reviews.
not because they enjoy writing walls of text.
because the less "external digging" the buyer has to do, the more likely he is to buy that item. and it works - these sites make hundreds of billions of dollars.

Now, I'm not in that line of work, and GGG are a gaming company not an online vendor - but giving the buyer reliable information impossible to miss, is proven to sell more on the one hand, and reduce the amount of forum/support shit storms on the other.

So bottom line: give me information before buying. give me a "try before you buy" feature so I know exactly what I'm getting.
don't give me obscure skill-gem-level semantics in a 2-line description and send me to fkn Reddit.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 19, 2018, 2:00:08 AM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222566

Another one
::::::::▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄::::::::::::::
::::::▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌:::::::::::
:::: ▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█:::::::::
::  ▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌:::::::
::▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄:::::

Report Forum Post

Report Account: