Need some blade vortex advice

Hi all,
I play since 2015, but started to play seriously only 1 month ago. So I tried BV build for Delve league, I think it's not bad, I'm level 89 and I have a nice clear speed.
My problem are bosses, really often die against them. Now I'm doing t13 maps and I realize that I'm too low as "tank". I normally clear a map without problems, but when it's shaped/elder, sometimes I die. Especially "shrine map", died 6 times only against the boss (it was a shaper's stronghold).
So my question is about my build, should I abbandon it and clear only lower maps than t13 or should I upgrade it? Can I "finish the game" with BV?
My items:

Last bumped on Sep 21, 2018, 3:35:36 PM
"
Ronalll wrote:
My problem are bosses, really often die against them. Now I'm doing t13 maps and I realize that I'm too low as "tank".

You´re not supposed to tank the bosses. In fact you´re glass canon with rather low life.
"
Rakiii wrote:
"
Ronalll wrote:
My problem are bosses, really often die against them. Now I'm doing t13 maps and I realize that I'm too low as "tank".

You´re not supposed to tank the bosses. In fact you´re glass canon with rather low life.

Yeah but how am I supposed to kill them if I get one-shotted? I can't dodge forever and my vaal grace lasts 6-7 secs
Boost your damage and kill boss as fast as possible. It´s usually the best strategy (especially for build as yours).
Use Concentrated Effect Support vs bosses instead AoE gem.
Atziri's Promise and Diamond flask might help you too.

You can also boost your defense in different ways.

Cap your elemental resistances if not capped.
Get Jade flask of reflexes to upgrade your evasion chance by 20% (it will work with stibnite flask very well).
Btw try to keep your flasks active while fighting the boss.

Using enfeeble would be a nice combo but you couldn´t use warlords mark (without an extra +1 curse thing such as Doedre's Damning ring) but you can consider it.

You have also socketed 3 useless jewels.
Try to get with life and decent mods (spell damage, global crit, global physical damage).

You can try decoy totem (linked with minion resistance gem) to distract enemies.

You could use shield instead of dual wielding daggers.
Shield with life/spell damage/crit (or high evasion + life + @).

There´s also possibility to allocate Mind over matter.
It would require some changes (keeping Essence worm, dropping minor damage nodes, allocating MoM + a few mana nodes and drop herald).

Try the easiest changes and will see.

This build should be able to kill the endgame bosses with practice.
(there´s also lots of room for upgrades).
Last edited by Rakiii on Sep 12, 2018, 7:44:30 PM
That's what I needed, thank you so much
Np, you´re welcome.

Does it work better now?

Don´t hesitate to ask more questions.
Yeah, I replaced old jewels with new ones, who increments damage and life, got a 6l and now I put incr. crit dmg, got inc. duration on immortal call and vaal grace. Now I'm farming to buy 2 void battey and have a big boost on damage.
My defense is low at the moment, I can't do a lot for it, T15 bosses are not so easy and if I fail one move I'm dead. I think with void battery I should defeat them cause more damage = more life leech
Do you really need mana flask?
You could get Jade flask of reflexes to upgrade your evasion chance by 20% (it will work with stibnite flask very well) as I told you before.

You would also use whirling blades linked with attack speed and fortify to get "fortify buff" which will reduce damage.

Dual Void batteries should help to kill the bosses faster and you know dead boss is an easy boss:)
Last edited by Rakiii on Sep 15, 2018, 5:58:03 AM
Yeah, I'm going to change that mana flask, forgot about it

For whirling blades+fortify, do you mean I have to wear them instead of flame dash?
"
Ronalll wrote:
Yeah, I'm going to change that mana flask, forgot about it

For whirling blades+fortify, do you mean I have to wear them instead of flame dash?

You can have them both if you want (have space).

You can´t use WB with wands though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info