[Occultist] Everything viable caustic arrow occultist[10k ES][Fast mapping][Bosses][Uber Lab]

Shaped underground sea example
T15 map with quill rain
Hydra with quill rain
I've done all content except uber elder hogm with quill rain.

Pros:
CA is over powered
PROFANE BLOOM - VERY SATISFYING CHAOS EXPLOSIONS
CI ES build after 3.0
Basically invincible, 8k+ es with enfeeble and temporal chains curses
Occultist is cool but works with very few builds
Can do any map mod - no regen is the only hard one
7/10 clear speed
Can do all content
Lots of options to switch it up

Cons:
Meta build
Doesn't nuke bosses like poet's pen or blade flurry builds
No shield charge, whirling blades or leap slam
ES items can be annoying/expensive to buy
Needs lots of stats on rings/amulet

---------------------------
POB LINK
---------------------------

--------------------------
3.5 update
--------------------------
They destroyed quill rain so you shouldn't use it any more for anything. The build is the same otherwise. Just use a +3 bow.

3.6 update
----------------------------------------------------
Nothing is changed with this build in 3.6. occultist ci chaos dot type builds are in meta now though so things are probably more expensive

[3.4]My gear with 10k es:

Gear:
Spoiler

+3 bow. Even better if you can get an elder one with vicious projectiles too. The best base for it is either a short bow with 1.5 aps or maraketh bow which is 1.4 aps but has movement speed implicit.

there's no reason to use anything else. additional projectiles are borderline useless with ca and this gives huge es boosts. None of the corruptions on quivers really help here so just get the best es/attack speed roll you can find.

es and resists. get a curse effect enchant. the mod "nearby enemies have -9% chaos res" is a big bonus but it's by no means required.

es and resists. 6l vaal regalias are cheap.

more es and res

This gives everything you could ever want. the only corruptions worth taking are 10%es, 20% discipline aura effect or 5% quantity of items found. You can also use the all res one.
you can also use Ascent From Flesh but bated breath is super good
you could also use a crystal belt but you're missing out on 50% es recharge rate which is huge.

es, res and movement speed. brinerot whalers get the job done but you want ones with better es and resists.
Voidwalker is another option. it gives very little es and no res but it gives pierce if you've killed recently which means you can use something else instead of pierce support such as conc effect. it also gives lots of dex which is helpful. If you do this get a corruption of +2 curse gems and put your curses in there

you need a lot of stats and resists on rings. es and es recharge is a nice bonus. Use impresence if you can get all the res and stats you need. If you can't use this that's fine you'll only lose out on discipline aura.

attributes and resists. es is a bonus

You need bleed and freeze immune just like any other build. curse immune is nice. burn immune but i've played a lot without it and never NEEDED it. you can use any type of flask you'd like i just recommend one of them is a quartz flask since phasing is super useful, especially in delve.

We don't use witchfire brew because we get so much curse effect on the tree and it doesn't affect the curse from the flask. so our blasphemy discipline would be much stronger. You can still use it for the damage over time but it's really small. a perfect one gives as much damage as a sulphur flask despite being much worse so i'd say don't use it.

use 2 of these for dmg boost on single target. best corruption is either this one or "cannot be inflicted with corrupting blood" or "cannot be maimed"

there's a million things you can get on jewels i just took this to fill some resists, es, and a bit of attack speed.

use this so you don't have to use blood rage. 3 frenzys gives 12% more damage and 12% attack speed while mapping so imo it's worth it. you can upgrade it to green nightmare for a tiny boost of like 3% dodge chance.

Watcher's eye with faster start of es recharge. This isn't really even worth it unless you get a good second mod. clarity mana as extra es is the best second mod by far. one with those two mods is over 50 ex though.

Links:
Spoiler

CA

If you're using a +3 bow use empower 3/4 instead of void manipulation or pierce. you can also swap void manip/pierce one for conc effect for even more dmg on bosses.

Curses

Quality on curses is very helpful.

We use blasphemy despair instead of witchfire brew because we get so much curse effect on the tree and it doesn't affect the curse from the flask. so our blasphemy discipline would be much stronger. If you don't have impresence amulet you can use witchfire brew and use discipline if you really need more es but i don't see a reason to do that imo.

You can also put curses in your 6 link with enhance and enlighten if you wanna go full out

Chest

I just use this for single target it seems to help. ive tried a bunch of other things including toxic rain and this feels the best to me. far from required. if you don't want to do this just put a 1 link vaal blight in somewhere else.

cwdt

other stuff

Tree:

Spoiler
link

Void beacon sounds good but it's really not. -20% res isn't anything insane and you'd have to give up either vile bastion which is massive because it gives huge es regen while mapping, 150 flat es and cannot be stunned. or you'd have to give up malediction which is also massive it gives +1 curse, 20% curse effect which alone gives -5% chaos res as well as a bunch of defensive things. Malediction also gives cursed enemies take 10% increased damage and deal 10% less damage. Void beacon might give slightlyyy more shaper dps but it's not at all worth it.

We take minion nodes because of spiritual aid on the left side of the tree. we don't use minions but that node makes it so we get damage from minion nodes. it's an average of 14% increased damage per point which is basically better than a jewel.

I take mana nodes near shadow purely just for the mana on kill. without it, when mapping you can run out of mana very easily but this solves the problem. you can get this as a mod on a ring instead but it's hard to find something so specific

You can drop es nodes or a jewel socket and get the aoe nodes just above witch starting if you want more aoe.

I think everything else is self explanatory

Bandits and pantheon:

Spoiler

Kill all bandits
Major pantheon: lunaris
Minor pantheon: abberath
I use abberath because burning ground interrupts your es recharge.
Get the soul for abberath since it halves the duration of ignites which is amazing.
Last edited by Brinstar4 on Mar 10, 2019, 1:50:25 AM
Last bumped on Feb 6, 2019, 3:41:16 PM
added some gameplay videos with quill rain
You can gan 2 skill points by connecting the left and right side of your skill tree with one +10 Int node near Melding / Jewel socket. You can discard three +10 Int nodes near the Unatural Calm cluster.
"
knivil wrote:
You can gan 2 skill points by connecting the left and right side of your skill tree with one +10 Int node near Melding / Jewel socket. You can discard three +10 Int nodes near the Unatural Calm cluster.

you're right thanks. i kept looking at that spot and thinking it looks wrong but didn't think of that some how. i also use intuitive leap to get melding and overcharged, it cost 1 more point than green dream but also gives power/endurance charges and lets me get 10% es melding node for 1 point

edit: lol i take it back overcharged is god awful since it's 8% to gain A charge as 1/3 so in reality it's like 2.5% chance on kill for each which just isn't enough
Last edited by Brinstar4 on Sep 12, 2018, 3:51:07 AM
I am going to play this build on HC and have some solid currency to build.

I tried to look up your char but its all out of wack - I need to know how to build end game gear since I have a ton of currency. Are high ES boots with move speed better? Also, is a Shaper Crystal Belt with Max ES, Es Regen, and 140 max ES better? What about rings with ES? Just looking for a more thorough guide because I am super excited about this build.

Also, I got +3 bow with Vicious Projectiles... what are my links given I got that roll?
Last edited by dsata on Sep 17, 2018, 3:11:59 PM
I improved the build and guide a lot.
"
dsata wrote:
I am going to play this build on HC and have some solid currency to build.

I tried to look up your char but its all out of wack - I need to know how to build end game gear since I have a ton of currency. Are high ES boots with move speed better? Also, is a Shaper Crystal Belt with Max ES, Es Regen, and 140 max ES better? What about rings with ES? Just looking for a more thorough guide because I am super excited about this build.

Also, I got +3 bow with Vicious Projectiles... what are my links given I got that roll?

Pretty sure i answered this to u in game :P but i'll answer it here in case anyone else is wondering.

High es boots with movement speed are better.

Crystal belt could possibly be better but you're losing es recharge rate from bated breath so i'd say don't ever use one unless you desperately need the resists or strength

Your 7th link will either be empower or conc effect
Last edited by Brinstar4 on Sep 18, 2018, 1:17:28 AM
Cool looking build. Ill have to give it a try after I build some currency.

Is there any gem you could swap vs bosses that is green for pierce? And how worth it do you think it would be to vaal spam the quiver for +1 chain? Clear speed increase worth the investment?
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Sep 18, 2018, 11:32:36 AM
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
Cool looking build. Ill have to give it a try after I build some currency.

Is there any gem you could swap vs bosses that is green for pierce? And how worth it do you think it would be to vaal spam the quiver for +1 chain? Clear speed increase worth the investment?

There's not really another green gem you can swap in instead of pierce unfortunately
I don't feel like chain would do much compared to pierce. with pierce you just aim behind the pack and it fills the entire pack with clouds
Last edited by Brinstar4 on Sep 18, 2018, 10:34:54 PM
Hi, I'm looking to try this build out for an alt, but I get a bit discouraged by seeing the heavy use of Blight in your videos.

Would you do anything differently if you had a +3 bow - including using a different skill - and how clunky is it to switch between bow attacks and Blight during a boss fight?

"
Bizze79 wrote:
Hi, I'm looking to try this build out for an alt, but I get a bit discouraged by seeing the heavy use of Blight in your videos.

Would you do anything differently if you had a +3 bow - including using a different skill - and how clunky is it to switch between bow attacks and Blight during a boss fight?

I just use blight because there's really nothing else you can do while the boss is standing in your poison to speed it up. It does very little damage and it's pretty much just for the hinder with the spreading rot jewel. Most of my time playing this i just had vaal blight on a 2 link with inc duration

Most fights i just use vaal blight and kite while using caustic arrows.

With toxic rain you can keep spamming it so it feels much better for boss fights and has much more damage. If you're worried about this i think you'd like toxic rain better honestly. It's the same build apart from just needing a couple mana regen nodes on the tree.

A +3 bow would be a big damage increase on caustic arrow but i'm not really sure for toxic rain, i think the extra attack speed would be better for that. Either way you'd still want to use blight and worst case scenario you can just ignore blight completely and put 2 rare jewels instead, which isn't as big a difference as it sounds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info