"The form submitted did not originate from the expected site"

Howdy.

I'm browsing the forum using Firefox 61.0.2 x64 on a Windows 10 PC (build 17134) and occasionally getting the error message in the title when clicking on the Preview button.

Here's an example where it happened while in this thread;

Is this a possible CDN issue? I'm not doing anything fancy. Going straight to the official website, not using any apps, proxies, or VPNs. It's relatively rare - I'd guess that it happens 1 in 10 times.

Interestingly, it doesn't prevent the Submit or Preview buttons from being displayed - nor does it interfere with the preview functionality. If it helps, the above time it happened was when I'd already started working on one draft for that thread - then in another tab written a post, submitted it, and returned to the previous tab. Haven't tested much, though - could be a coincidence.

Edit: Happened again without me writing multiple posts across different tabs for the same thread.

Edit 2: Haven't tested only browsing the forum in a single tab, yet. I'll try to remember to do so later. Bit busy with work stuff at the moment, so sorry in advance if I forget.

Edit 3: It does not always happen when working on multiple posts across multiple tabs. Going to assume there's no correlation between the two for the moment.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Sep 4, 2018, 5:12:54 PM
Last bumped on Sep 4, 2018, 6:38:33 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'm on Firefox as well, and seem to get this every time I try to send a PM. It's only the first attempt, though. If I hit Submit again, it goes through. Quite odd.
The error message isn't the clearest, which I can see is causing a bit of confusion. It's the same as the old "Duplicate submission token has expired. Please submit the form again" which shows up if you take too long to post a form or if you submit other forms in the meantime.
Web DeveloperView our Developer Docs
Thanks for clarifying. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info