<<ObiWandsKenobi>> "IT'S A TRAP" Perma Curse + TOTEMS! - HC MAP Tested -- RIPPED (soulmantled)

ObiWandsKenobi - "It's A TRAP"
Triple Perma Curse - EB - EE - Dual Totem

Current Passive Tree

Hey, postponed posting this because I was lazy and kept screwing up writing the guide basic introduction to it.
In the next few days I will also explain all the ups and downs and current negative effects of the build. I spent all my respect points and over 60 regret orbs testing out the possibilities of this build.

If you have any questions please do not be afraid to PM or message me ingame
ObiWandsKenobi

Currently I am running a Firetrap build, it consists of multiple abilities that synergize quite well.

Introduction -

Bandits - LIFE // Skill // Skill

Early Gear choices - Once you get dual totem, I find it is simple to stack a higher damage totem with mana regen, life while leveling (Do not over level clarity, you will run into problems)

The currently lay out of my build, gives you max potential with firetraps, and also a massive bonus to survivability, due to all the choices made.

Main Keystones

Elemental Equilbrium - Why? Reason is spork totem will trigger the effect of negative fire resistances,
Eldritch Battery - Why? Maximum mana, gives me the ability to use 5 auras, that all add to my survivability massively.
Perma Curse - Why? In the current build design this is a requirement for triple cursing. and it is amazing.
Dual Curse - Why ? Allows the build to use triple curse (with the use of a certain unique) With this I am able to use elemental weakness (removing the negative effect of EE, boosting fire damage) - Flamability (Self Explanatory) -
Temp Chains (find it very good and usually better then enfeeble for most encounters)

--

Main Skills

FireTrap - Currently using 3 firetraps, 3-4 should be the minimum amount you want for this build (4 is hard to manage)

Spell Totem - (Faster Casting Fork Spark) - Shock Stacking + Trigger for positive benifit of Elemental Equilibrium

Auras - Determination - Grace - Discipline - Clarity - Purity - (2k Mana + run determ also)

Curses - Elemental Weakness - Temp Chains --- I switch between enfeeble and flamability

----

Play style

Basically as I am doing maps @ level 78, a normal fight would consist with me casting
two spork totems in front of my self (furthest possible - if there is a doorway I block it)
Then I begin casting my curses based on the mob - Usually i cast all 3.
At that point I go ahead and decided what is needed to be done (bunch up the mobs a bit more for max damage or fire)
Usually 1-2 firetraps is needed for a blue pack of mobs in a map, resist fire mobs take about double that.

For bosses

A fight would pretty much end before I see it.
(usually I will run the Enfeeble / temp / ele - unless its a weak boss then its usually a quick 2 shot)
Bosses are generally easier since you are able to pop the totems grabbing the agro then tossing massive amount of fire trap on the boss.

Passive Skill Choices

None of the trees include the skill bonuses from quests (except for 4 for level 21)
Just proceed with the builds as if you leveled up - these are layouts for the level and what should be had by then.

Spoiler

Level 21 - http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_fPAXvfIM4FE0Es6IA8B-BbwJxnjxN2Ix2OtjsOBo4p4SQVcAaWfNaKyyno_I=
(Including Skill Points From Quests) You Can decide to get the dual totem now - and use 2x flame totem - fire traps to level - or shockwave + firetraps or wait till 31 and get the totem.

Level 31 - http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_fPAXvfIM4FE0Es6IA8B-BbwJxnjxN2Ix2OtjsOBo4p4SQVcAaWfNaKyyno_JmnvrSHRSYrayqJ-0ZLtSPud3yLw==
(Getting EE ASAP I find helps a great deal, the negative fire res with the damage of fire traps helps tons, on top of flamability // ele weakness)

Level 41- http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_fPAXvfIM4FE0Es6IA8B-BbwJxnjxN2Ix2OtjsOBo4p4SQVcAaZp5Z8_rSWiusqh0ULKcn7Zito_IZLtSPud3yL-8O51JUSV8_9kiMz1BQWGPG2I9G

Level 51- http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_fPAXvfIM4FE0Es6IA8B-BbwJxnjxN2Ix2OtjsOBo4p4SQVcAaZp5Z8_rSWiusqh0ULKcn7Zito_IZLtSPud3yL-8O51JUSV8_9kiMz1BQWGPG2I9Gpwi4kwx9EH_Gntrd0NCboWe97m8=

Level 61- http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_fPAXvfIM4FE0Es6IA8B-BbwJxnjxN2Ix2OtjsOBo4p4SQVcAaZp5Z8_rSWiusqh0ULKcn7Y9GmK2j8hku0NCnCNSPm6Ha3biTud3312e9DH3yL-8OrJjubxB_51IUsMaeVEkA_TowXz8XUPZITC2Mz4IeUFDbC1hjxtg5Ug==

Level 71 http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_fPAXvfIM4FE0Es6IA8B-BbwJxnjxN2Ix2OtjsOBo4p4SQVcAaZp5Z8_rSWiusqh0ULKcn7Y9GmK2j8hku0NCnCNSPm6Ha3biTud3312e9DH3yL-8OrJjubxB_51IUsMaeVEkA_TowXz8XUPZITC2Mz4IeUFDbC1hjxtg5UsHzoqN_xn5ZJ6labSQ8p1zPZVXGSVE=

Level 81 - http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_fPAXvfIM4FE0Es6IA8B-BbwJxnjxN2Ix2OtjsOBo4p4SQVcAaZp5Z8_rSWiusqh0ULKcn7Y9GmK2j8hku0NCnCNSPm6HPZdrduJO53ffXZ71Vxgx98i_vDqyY7m8WbxB_51IUsMaeVEkA_TowXz8XUDlS9khMLbw3jM-CHk5tUFCIQtsLwfNYB1hjoqPG2H_GHNwnqX5Z459abdQZJDynXElRvJ8=

Level 90 ** http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAP0CcQSzBVsMfQ5IEH8RlhRNFLAWbxdQGS4ZhRo4HNwdFCQ8JKonqSftLKc26TlSOjA62DwFSVFMLU3YTm1QUFRJVcZYB1hjWfNaK1ptXz9mT2aeZ71-WX_GgUmBb4IegziIQouMjHaMz49GkFWYrZuhnaOePJ_fogCio6PypwinXKeErJisqrI4uJO53bw3vJ_AGsHzxp7G2M9l0NDUGdSP2t3bC-Nq45_nUuw47m_vDu988B_yHfIv9kj31_rS_KvjhNxiwFFw1XBSXfLw2Uk7cn6dY-WO

Gear & Stats
-- Stats screenshot ---
Spoiler

http://i50.tinypic.com/x5qakg.png

I also used both Rathpith Globe -- and Saffell's Frame as old gear

Old Gear
Spoiler

Current Loot

Spoiler

This is my current gear, I will also be linking the gear I switched from below, At first I was focusing Armor / Eva while leveling up
Due to not being able to get EB until late game. Today though I switched over to Armor / es as I finally found upgrades.

I Find aiming for 2x Wands / daggers or shield/wand with + 2 fire gems is the best dps increase ever.
Aim for chaos resistances as that will be the biggest problem.

Life / Mana / Mana Regen / Atributes *Major DEX *

This build is similar to another build posted (ST Elmo's firetrap) But I utilize more of the witch/shadow trees. Including EB - and no shield block nodes.

Pros / Cons / Q&A

What did you do to get around the dex requirements?
with this build is a pretty affordable to buy a pair of armor/eva gloves with 30+ dex / life and resistances - This is what I current use. At early levels do not be afraid to spend 2 points to grab a dex keystone to be able to level fire traps / bear traps (if using) up, the dps increase is significantly higher with a skill gem leveled then passives
Currently I am using 2 dex keystones and attempting to work it out of my skill tree and onto gear instead.

Last edited by TheBuudah on May 15, 2013, 7:31:08 AM
I will also be posting videos this week, with certain maps and play style.

Cool. Thanks for your effort, I'll be checking this out.
"
firefry wrote:
Cool. Thanks for your effort, I'll be checking this out.

Awesome LMK how it goes

Had a few inquiries about certain skills and choices in game.
I will be adding those in Q/A

Also another point was saved, thanks to one of the people testing my build ATM
He is currently level 47 and having a blast, or so I hope!

Currently level 52 with this build, and having ALOT of fun, able to solo just about everything, just looking for gear atm as im headed into merciless :D

The only thing i have done different, is that i have taken the HP nodes earlyer, instead of going for fast "energi shield to mana node" Which mean i cant run as many auro as i want to
Last edited by madebychina on Mar 6, 2013, 3:32:36 PM
Come on, i want to see your videos :)

I hope you havent forgotten us.

Yay, finally posted your build. I'll have to catch the videos you post or whenever you stream again to see your new build in action.

Was it really worth it to get all those crit chance boost passives? Should it be a priority to find a high crit chance wand for this build?

Awesome. I will be making this build soon I hope.

"
forester007 wrote:
Yay, finally posted your build. I'll have to catch the videos you post or whenever you stream again to see your new build in action.

Was it really worth it to get all those crit chance boost passives? Should it be a priority to find a high crit chance wand for this build?

Awesome. I will be making this build soon I hope.

It is really what you want it to be. I am currently testing the crit route, it allows for more mobility, will also be attempting to use vulnerability as one of the curses when using firetraps to see if it effects damage.

Leveling up I focuses on taking survivability over crit etc, crit is the last thing. EB is something you move into and so is using 5 auras.

I will right up an in more depth on when I took certain keystones and why, and outcome from doing so.

Currently I am leveling my char in a 1 week, will be playing trapper after that is finished
Why you use Fork but no Chain?
And why you dont get +fire dmg notes?

(Thx for the nice build and your answers)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info