You ready for the worst league mechanics yet on Xbox?

"
DatBRejectz wrote:

The issue is that they're trying to make the controls fit to what is, basically the PC UI and that is also why we have so many problems. It would of been a lot better if they did what blizzard did for diablo 3 on consoles and redesign the console version of the UI.

This is probably the right answer.

As for the people arguing if the extra binds are needed or not, it's irrelevant. They gave PC extra binds, but did not do the same for console. Did they run out of binds or run into issues when attempting? We don't know because they have decided not to discuss it, but I think it's pretty obvious they know it's a disadvantage.

"
DatBRejectz wrote:

The issue is that they're trying to make the controls fit to what is, basically the PC UI and that is also why we have so many problems. It would of been a lot better if they did what blizzard did for diablo 3 on consoles and redesign the console version of the UI.

On a high level, most likely yes - but I really did not like what Blizzard did with the D3 inventory system on Xbox. It was such a joy when I arrived on the shores of Wraeclast that I was once again in control of my inventory arrangement. POE inventory management on Xbox may have some clunky spots, but I value control far more than marginal dollops of convenience.

If the actual underlying issue is resource starvation, then any additional changes may have turned out to be a mixed blessing (cough, trade, cough). I also reserve judgement on just how much of an understanding of Xbox play resides at GGG. Their understanding of console play does not seem to necessarily match that of the player base.

It seems like some decisions were made during the port process that continue to haunt the present like dead rats in the walls. It's going to take some time to dig those suckers out.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
I know of atleast one of the QA devs that exclusively plays on the Xbox, though I'm unsure if he is actually on the Xbox team. The main dev Jeff definitely plays on the Xbox primarily nowdays, but he extends off into other games sometimes like the rest of us.

Most of the fixes we get comes from his personal experience, or that of the discord community. We work together often to come up with better solutions to certain things, and those are all put on his list to look at. In the end it comes down to a few factors. Dev time, Dev capability / permissions, and practicality.

The majority of changes we want for the trade board and filters and such are barred currently due to upcoming features.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
"
Avic_Hybana wrote:

The majority of changes we want for the trade board and filters and such are barred currently due to upcoming features.

Every content patch, this is the promise, now that we worked on the content I will try to push some thing in the upcoming weeks. With the result of no changes happening. If you ask again after 1 month, they are already busy with the upcoming changes for the next content patch and 3 months are gone. Every league we get fed the same bullshit.

This is exactly the problem, they released xbox as an unfinished product, with a 3 month schedule to fit in all the pc content updates and have not enough dev time left to actually finish the product. Unless they break this cycle in some way, either invest into some more devs, or sit out a league, we will never ever get a game, that uses its full potential and is somewhere close to what PoE could be.

The dilemma is, what would make them actually do it? Spending more money, so they see its worth it, or would they just grab it and say, you see they pay already, why improve. On the other hand, not spending any money anymore, would it make them work on the game, or just shutdown the servers?

In some way it just feels like a huge scam, where you pay for the name and the potential and not for the product. And the lack of communication underlines this even more. They couldn't care less about the xbox player. (not pointing fingers at individuals)

And another point, nothing against you, but there has been no official post about any involvement of the discord team working with ggg, nor has their been a sticky post, that this discord server even exists and is supported. I mean seeing you here speaking up kinda in the name of ggg and what you guys are working on is done totally wrong. In the case you are working with them, they should at least introduce you to the community but not like this. I know that Jeff rather publishes upcoming changes on discord, than posting an announcement here on the official forums, but still, this is not the way todo it. It feels so unprofessional.
Why not consider playing PC version?
"
filix wrote:
"
Avic_Hybana wrote:
...This is exactly the problem, they released xbox as an unfinished product, with a 3 month schedule to fit in all the pc content updates and have not enough dev time left to actually finish the product. Unless they break this cycle in some way, either invest into some more devs, or sit out a league, we will never ever get a game, that uses its full potential and is somewhere close to what PoE could be.

I wouldn't say it's an "unfinished game." There are, however, a ton of "quality of life" improvements they need to make for XBox in order to make the player's experience much more polished. (The lack of a decent ability to search Trade is compounding the problem of a lack of... items to search for. :) )

"
In some way it just feels like a huge scam, where you pay for the name and the potential and not for the product. And the lack of communication underlines this even more. They couldn't care less about the xbox player. (not pointing fingers at individuals)

While I wouldn't say it's a "scam," I do understand where that sentiment comes from. Perhaps "cash grab" would be a more appropriate description of your sentiment? The "But, it's free" counter-argument really only applies to those who have chosen not to be a "Supporter." If I'm a "Supporter," I've invested some money for something.

But, more than any of that, it's that certain problems continue to persist with fixes, workarounds and features being "promised" and XBoxer's are reminded of these unfulfilled promises every time they login to see their favorite complaint being manifested once again. That's what fuels the fires of discontent. While they certainly wish to take advantage of the platform to expand the economic capabilities of their product, I do believe that they want to make a "good game" and do care about the player's gameplay experience on that platform. That sentiment becomes more difficult to see, Leage by League, though.

"
And another point, nothing against you, but there has been no official post about any involvement of the discord team working with ggg, nor has their been a sticky post, that this discord server even exists and is supported. I mean seeing you here speaking up kinda in the name of ggg and what you guys are working on is done totally wrong. In the case you are working with them, they should at least introduce you to the community but not like this. I know that Jeff rather publishes upcoming changes on discord, than posting an announcement here on the official forums, but still, this is not the way todo it. It feels so unprofessional.

I heartily agree. I, too, have seen those posts and wondered why they exist.

Either GGG recognizes this Discord group as "Official" or, at the very least, "Informal, but Approved, Group" or the member in question needs to stop presenting themselves with the airs of "Authenticity" or "Authority."

It's wrong. Too many people in too many communities have done the exact same sort of thing. Either it's "Official" or it is not. There is no middle-ground when it comes down to the face of the company and their voices in the community. There have been too many "game community controversies" with "Unofficial Official" communication channels for this to be ignored.

Developers need to limit their exposure, interaction, and information exchange with "Unofficial" fan communities. This is standard practice because it keeps the "Drama Meter" low. If it's "Official," then that's fine. If it's not, then some people need to do some very hard thinking about the messages they want to send to the community.
Last edited by Morkonan on Oct 5, 2018, 1:18:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info