Templar Sceptre/Shield Tank

So my plan is to run with Tempest Shield and Molten Shield.
For attacks im gonna use Infernal Blow, Glacial Hammer and Lightning strikes attacks depends on the monsters. With Aura I was thinking a dmg buff? But here is my lvl 57 build so is it all wrong? Thanks in advance

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBhMREckA2I020-Rhd8B-iAASzMol35Vfi7DgaOKeEkFXAGuSt3sEFWzdHa6xFRzLRMQE1gLiTzfp8gxEtg_cfAn6vnC2eoa-bdhGHZeZ8pwgVUBPMT_OqUlH57MtmnqmVUWCPRh0UTDUoxfO-OthN2Ix2

Hey mate,

I'm on my third HC toon, and it just so happens he's a 58 LS mace/shield templar.

I took a look at your build, and think you might benefit from rethinking a few things.

Firstly, you're really going to want to pick one attack and really buff it specifically. Those elemental damage nodes in the witch tree are really a waste of points.

I'm a bit partial to LS myself, as its useful for clearing packs from a safe distance, which will be very important in merciful. Try to concentrate on buffing one attack, which in my case, was lighting strike. I did some research, and figured the best way to boost my overall dps was to boost physical damage, increased attack speed and then a bit of elemental dmg on my gear if its convenient.

My build at lvl 58 is this: but I'm also sitting on around 5 points which i'm waiting to distrubute until I make a larger decision about my build.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBhMREckA2I020-fAfBLMCcaIAMolX4nfl7Dg62E3YjHYaOKeEkFXAGgVbZp760jbp42odFI9G0NDPZVXGm6Fnve5vpwi4kwx9EH_GnqmVcH1PfYBWUWDkrd7BWfOsqnKpfNkn7Rku1I-53fIv7w7nUlRJXz_2SIzPUFBYY8bY

You can attain this build pretty easy, and the progression is straight forward. One of my main priorities after picking up the main components in the templar tree was to get static blows, and the large health nodes in the area of it. Then getting resolute technique was natural, and then after inner focus, to make clarity, and wrath much more potent.

My LS is linked with chain (can be fork or LMP), elemental damage, and mana leech.

I used glacial hammer with health leech, faster attacks, and added physical damage for quite a while to kill elites.

Anyways I hope this steers you in the right direction. I'm not saying you HAVE to go LS - but pick an attack and buff it singly, or else you're really going to hit like a wet noodle later on. Specifically, lose all those witch elemental bonuses - if you were stuck on getting them, you can get them for a far smaller investment of points in your own tree. Branching similar to how I did is a popular way to maximise your points.

Cheers mate.
Last edited by mtcwalker on Mar 4, 2013, 2:28:07 AM
Hey thanks for the reply.

Thats a very good idea, well I was also a bit unsure about the three witch nodes.
I had really been thinking a lot about that skill where you always hit and never crit.

You really inspired me to another build that will be hard I hope. My plan is to run with Infernal Blow and Anger so here is my build for that

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBhMREckA2I020-fAfogAEswJxMol35Vfi7DgaOKeEkFXAGuSt3sFZ86yqcql82VHmtC9BPyftGS7Uj7nd7w7nUlRJXz8FW4uM4XPtIDdHa6xFRzEBNYCIumaeqZVRYPrSNunjah0UTDUoxfO-RtcpT4Kb

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info