please don't nerf Arc Traps

If they don't nerf Arc Traps i'll abuse them hard next league. :)
Haven't seen an arc trapper carry 6-man parties in any map so far.

Chill arc traps are fine.
"Arc traps will target the ground if no enemy is near by to be targeted."
Enough?

"Traps will only damage an enemy once per cluster instead of each individual trap."
Killed it?
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
GGG hasn't nerfed much in a long time, so maybe they won't. At least, I doubt Arc will be touched. The only things that I think will be "nerfed" are Inpulsa and Ele Hit, and even then I think it'll be more like a rebalancing. Ele Hit will no longer interact with conversion the same way and Inpulsa will be changed so that it can't inflict any ailment at all, in order to prevent converting to cold and chaining with HoI.

Arc will probably be fine imo.
"
Apachy wrote:
The problem is not the traps, it is the Arc gem.
According to poe-ninja - 21% of all builds are based on Arc in this league!

Sorry, but you are wrong
Arc was a shitty skill barely used before this league.
Now is fun.
No, I do not play a miner. I play self-cast Arc [yeah self-cast is a meme, right?].
I do not want to see it nerfed to the ground because mines ignore Arc's internal cooldown
Inpulsa is also one of those really fun uniques, I hope they will leave it alone.

TL:DR Arc is fine, there is no need to nerf it.
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Aug 17, 2018, 7:22:08 AM
As someone who played Arc before this league, it was not a shitty skill. Arc has been good ever since it started chaining more with gem levels. Never the FotM best skill ever, but always offering strong clear speed, only having problems encountering bosses.

I like the change to Arc where it now does 15% more damage per remaining chain. It's a neat mechanic and helps the single-target damage of the skill out a bit.

The base damage buff is pretty unnecessary, though, as is Arc pseudo-Forking on every bounce. That's fine for Vaal Arc, but with regular Arc it's just silly. It's just not necessary for each Arc to hit 15+ targets per cast.

That said, the problem with Arc Traps is mostly the change to Traps. 15 max traps as a baseline is just silly. You can throw down *way* too much damage and basically one-shot bosses with invulnerability sequences like Malachai. If you want to do that, you're supposed to be doing that with Mines, not Traps, which is think is probably the bigger problem with this change: playing with mines felt kinda shitty before, but now it's just pointless to do. Traps do everything Mines do, but better.

And no, nerfing the Trap gem isn't going to fix it, and neither is nerfing Arc. People will do this with Ice Trap or Explosive Trap if they have to, and it will still be silly with those skills.
I pretty much only play self cast arc builds. Incursion is where I finally learned the game (after 900 hours lol) and got together a good build. It's in a great place right now with the latest buff, good clear speed, but nowhere near the damage output of arc traps.
I saw Waggle last night take down Uber Elder in no time, it was crazy.
I'm by all means no expert on anything in this game,but how fast he took him down was amazing.
It is almost inevitable that arc traps gets some kind of a nerf. I just hope they don't kill it completely.
Hello I have a question.
"
Nephalim wrote:
I don't want arc to get nerfed to the point of being worthless. Arc has been useless for the last..4 or so years? Was it ever competitive.

Sorry but that is simply not true. Arc was doing fine most of the time tbh BUT it was never broken. So if "Was it ever competitive?" means was it ever as broken as the other fotm builds then the answer is no.
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
ITs something like 40% of all builds this league+Weekly thing ...
Its going to get tanked hard...
Or traps will one of the two ...
Anyone who was tried PvP and been killed with knows its op
I am your Devine one Bow before me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info