please don't nerf Arc Traps

I'm having so much fun. I just pretty much one-shot Core Malachai. Fkn scary boss Core Malachai. Corrupted Map. Unidentified mods.

Please don't wreck it. Please.

Ah who am I kidding... they will hit it harder, than a certain demon in Diablo whose catchphrase is "fresh meat".
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 16, 2018, 5:58:19 PM
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2018, 8:08:25 PM
Haha "dont balance the skill that is clearly broken as is". Look, my main chart this league was also an arc trapper, and I loved it, but combined with tinkerskin it is just too good. You can stand there and spam 20-30 traps a second, which gives great dps and old vaal pact-like regen. It's fun but it's too good.

My guess is that skills supported by trap support will get some sort of less damage multiplier to account for their spammability. Or it will make damage effectiveness less, or tree modifiers less.

That and ele hit.. my guess with that is that they will remove combat focus jewels, or remove all except for the fire damage exclusion one, because it just hits too hard with low investment.
They just need to bite the bullet and put in a DPS cap, then stop worrying about which skills can reach it.
thing is, if u pretty much 1 shot him, u think u can survive in there long enough to 2 shot him? Cause if they cut its damage in half, which would be one of the biggest nerf in the history of poe, thats where its gonna be at right?
Arc traps have very smooth and very satisfying playstyle. Can't say they are that much OP because in practice their Shaper DPS is limited around 500k*. While EH easily hits 2M Shaper DPS and keeps scaling with expensive gear. If something will be nerfed in next patch i bet it will be EH.

*edited: 1M Shaper DPS
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on Aug 17, 2018, 8:09:48 PM
I don't think anything is going to get a nerf. GGG is too afraid to lose their money
this happens every single league dude. look in the past. CoC, mjolner, fyndelthrow, crit, es, bladeflurry, incenerate, doubledip, vaal spark, the list goes on and on. arc is going to get dumped, and something else will surface. its simply the way of things
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch
Yes he should, I know I do, and am already planning to not roll a Trapper come Delve.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
The problem is not the traps, it is the Arc gem.
According to poe-ninja - 21% of all builds are based on Arc in this league!

Arc, Ele hit and vortex are too good not to be taken, they must be changed somehow.

And yes, I also played arc trapper in this league.
I don't want arc to get nerfed to the point of being worthless. Arc has been useless for the last..4 or so years? Was it ever competitive.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info