Unplayable Lag / DC - WinMTR inside

https://pastebin.com/zjJXzSzw

The last 7-10 days I have been experience intermittent lag spikes between 300-1300ms.
Often times the spikes last for upwards of 6 seconds before gameplay returns.

I have tried most of the basic stuff - disconnecting router, modem, calling ISP(unhelpful).

After the problem started I updated the firmware at the request of ISP - no change.

No change in cables, modem hardware, router hardware, devices on the network, ISP service plan, ports in which things router/modem is plugged.

California server

Please help!
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2018, 2:41:23 PM
Bump in correct forum.
"

So the problem begins here;

| 192.168.0.1 - 0 | 531 | 531 | 0 | 0 | 52 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 107 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
|dtr01gldlca-tge-0-5-0-4.gldl.ca.charter.com - 4 | 460 | 442 | 3 | 9 | 31 | 8 |

The first line is your router, the second I know nothing about because it is configured not to participate in WinMTR tests, and the third is a node belonging to Charter. The 4% packet loss seen at hop 3 - and possibly present at hop 2 - continues throughout the rest of the log.

The packet loss is the cause of your latency spikes, and the issue is definitely beginning either within your home network, or at your ISP's gateway. Your best bet is to reach out to your ISP's support team, show them the WinMTR log, and see where things go from there.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Is there any way to tell what is happening at "No response from host" by reconfiguring WinMTR? Or is this always a dead spot in the test?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info